Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

lostgirl1986
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 10:46 am

So I'm pretty sure I got a babysitting job. The mom wants to do a trial for a couple of hours on Tuesday to see if I click with the toddler or not. I'm really nervous about this because the mom will be watching me for two hours or more and it's going to be really awkward. I've worked in daycares before and I've had people observe me but this is different because it's the mom in her own house. Also I'm pretty good with children but I don't really like to show my emotions around people especially if I don't know them that well so it's going to feel weird with the mom right there. I'm just a bundle full of nerves right now.

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 11:10 am

As a mom who hires plenty of babysitters, my advice to you would be to smile as much as possible (regardless of what your feelings are) and be willing to help in any way possible and don't be afraid to take control of the situation (gives mother confidence you can manage by yourself). Don't be afraid to ask questions (how they manage problem behaviors/discipline, where the food is, first aid supplies, etc.) and make sure they are on your speed dial. :-)

Good luck!! !