The School Experiences of Females with Asperger's Syndrome

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

28 Jun 2013, 7:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am a female with AS, and for my Masters in Education Thesis, I decided to look at the school experiences of females with AS, as there has not been much research on this very important topic. I would really appreaciate it if you are a female with AS over 18, or are the parent of a female with AS aged between 5 and 18, if you could go to the amaze website (type amaze australia into google and it comes up second, I am a new user so I can't post the website) click on 'get involved', 'research projects' and 'view current ASD projects currently recruiting participants'. My study is titled ''the school experiences of females with Asperger's Syndrome: The recollections of adults and Perspectives of parents", which you can click on to fill out whichever survey is relevent for you.

I would really appreciate some participants, so thank you heaps in advance :)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 10:38 pm

mochadrinker85 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am a female with AS, and for my Masters in Education Thesis, I decided to look at the school experiences of females with AS, as there has not been much research on this very important topic. I would really appreaciate it if you are a female with AS over 18, or are the parent of a female with AS aged between 5 and 18, if you could go to the amaze website (type amaze australia into google and it comes up second, I am a new user so I can't post the website) click on 'get involved', 'research projects' and 'view current ASD projects currently recruiting participants'. My study is titled ''the school experiences of females with Asperger's Syndrome: The recollections of adults and Perspectives of parents", which you can click on to fill out whichever survey is relevent for you.

I would really appreciate some participants, so thank you heaps in advance :)

Just out of curiosity, is there any reason why you are looking at the experiences of parents of Aspies (or Aspies) and not parents of daughters diagnosed with autism in mainstream schools?

What differences do you expect in the responses?

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2013, 5:55 am

tweety_fan wrote:
http://www.amaze.org.au/get-involved/research-projects/projects-recruiting-participants/

here is links.

http://utaseducation.us.qualtrics.com/S ... u7dchoTV8p

The project on the link is an honors (4th yr) not a Masters project as claimed by the OP?

zemanski
Toucan
Toucan

01 Jul 2013, 6:42 am

4 year honours degrees usually lead to a masters rather than a bachelors.

"This research is being conducted by Belinda Jarman who is completing a Master of Education (Honours) at the University of Tasmania. This project is being supervised by Dr Christopher Rayner and Associate Professor Kim Beswick. This project has been approved by the HREC."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2013, 11:00 pm

Sorry, the link took me to a series of projects on autism in my home state of Victoria...