Unsure 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 2 ]
Other 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 434

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2018, 10:18 am

Just realized I made the same post twice on the same page. Sorry.

PredatoryTunicate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2019, 2:04 pm

I like cats, mostly because they aren’t as annoying as dogs. My cat is also somehow able to sense when I’m feeling bad, and she walks up to me and snuggles me, which my dog doesn’t do.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2019, 2:53 pm

Cats are autistic dogs.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2019, 3:02 pm

Cats are fascinating acrobatic creatures. I've owned some in my life. I have, however, been more of a dog lover all of my life. I seem to understand them better.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2019, 3:28 pm

I don't mind dogs (obviously, since I have a service dog), but I do distinctly prefer cats. I've had my dog for almost two years, and I still can't read his body language very well - communicating and interacting with cats just feels much more natural to me than it does with dogs. Plus I'm not high-energy enough for most dogs, it's a good thing my dog is overall very relaxed so I can meet his exercise needs.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 7:18 pm

Likes dogs very much <3 Dislikes cats. :/

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2019, 1:34 pm

I like all animals like cats and dogs.

But I admit I prefer dogs slightly more.

And within dogs, I prefer Siberian Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Samoyeds, and similar dog breeds.

They still have their original Wolf-like appearance largely intact, compared to other more mutated dog breeds.

Bulldog, chihuahua, dachshund, etc, aren’t as appealing, because their appearance was too mutated by humans.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 12:21 pm

I have both cats and dogs — but I generally prefer my cats. (I am a bit uncertain though.)

One of my cats (younger one) was raised by humans since birth and does naughty things like eat human food and knock over drinks to drink them, while the other (older one) was born on the street and is not so naughty. Both cats are female, but I personally have a preference for the older one. The older cat will sometimes approach me when I'm doing homework or in my bedroom because she wants affection. The problem is, once she starts purring and bumping her head against things, she won't stop, and it sometimes gets in the way of doing homework.

As for my dogs, I like the (occasional) attention they give me (particularly from the older one), but they act like they're not potty-trained and have a tendency to go to the bathroom all over the place. In addition, the dogs can also be stinky.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2019, 4:51 pm

I like both but i certainly have a preference to cats. One reason I suspect is that I was raised with cats. I'm an only child so the cats in the house were my siblings. My mother will tell a story of when she was pregnant with me, our female cat of the time would lay on her belly and purr. So even before my life started I was being soothed by kitties. I guess that made it little surprise when the first word I tried to say was "kitty" o.o

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2019, 5:22 am

I live with both a dog and a cat and I significantly like cats more than dogs. Dogs are kinda annoying.

little gator
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2019, 8:28 am

I love them both, but cats are better. In my experience peopel who have both usually like dogs a little better, but i'm different that way.

working on getting diagnosed either way

little gator
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2019, 8:32 am

sorry my image didn't post. It's from FB. can i add an image top a post from my files, or can I only add urls?

if you are FB you can search "The Empress Lydia" for my cat's page.

little gator
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Mar 2019, 9:39 am

Max000 wrote:
Dogs bark all the time..

I used to have Coonhounds, and I loved the song of their people. If It's not houndsong i dont' like barking.

Autiste
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Apr 2019, 1:50 pm

Cats :) I currently have two (lost my old lady cat yesterday, taking in a stray on Sunday, so will soon be back to three).

I'd love to be able to walk a well behaved dog maybe twice a week,but I need days when i don't have to go out at all,so having my own dog wouldn't work.

Cats make more sense to me but dogs can be fun and good company while out and about.

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 2:44 pm

FMX wrote:
I think the general population has about as many cat-lovers as dog-lovers, but here on WP there seem to be a lot of people that love cats! I wonder if it's an aspie thing? Which do you love/like more, out of the two? The "same" option includes loving them equally, hating them equally and not caring about either one.

Cats all the way. Low maintenance: no need for baths, you can even leave them alone for a day or two, and they're O.K. Also, they are quieter, no barking or getting too excited about anything. Yet, when I'm reading a book or watching a show, there comes my cat to sit down beside me and receive petting. I like that.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2019, 2:58 pm

I like dogs but I'm crazy about cats :lol: