Need help finding Electronica artists similar to.....

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2013, 3:09 pm

Boards of Canada and Tycho. I am totally OBSESSED with these two groups right now. I guess I'm looking for that down-tempo, ambient sort of thing with the old sounding analogs. I prefer no vocals in this sort of music......I think vocals sort of detract from the music. But thats just my opinion....

Any help would greatly be appreciated

solarintegral
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jul 2013, 2:14 am

I enjoy the Bluetech songs. "Sines And Singularities" is a really good album to start with.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 9:47 am

Katatonic wrote:
Boards of Canada and Tycho. I am totally OBSESSED with these two groups right now. I guess I'm looking for that down-tempo, ambient sort of thing with the old sounding analogs. I prefer no vocals in this sort of music......I think vocals sort of detract from the music. But thats just my opinion....

Any help would greatly be appreciated

Not an artist, but I would get your hands on Global Underground 24 by Nick Warren if you like this type of music.

Also, am thinking Ulrich Schnauss might be along the lines of what you're thinking of.

ampitone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jul 2013, 7:52 pm

i have some tecno-ish clean rap/R+B tracks i've made, just search google for "Ampitone" and look for the songs "send the knight away" and "when the sun comes up", BOTH are original and by me, and i think you'd like them =) Let me know if you do =)

I'm Andrew the aspie, and i'm the most diversly artistic, heterosexual, straight guy you'd never expect all these accursed skills to stem from...oh and i'm single, that's the price i pay for being myself and not changing for others

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 1:54 pm

Would Mount Kimbie or Falty DL work in this direction? You could always give em a shot and see what you think.