MASSIVE rallies against the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.

Page 5 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 6:38 am

^^ honestly, they didn't translate the best part at first.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 5:32 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rPX2RYYke8[/youtube]

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 5:45 pm

And the ravings of the Ikhwan mob in Gaza:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lNOdgoRUJI[/youtube]

Is "Allahu akbar" the only chant they know?

Cei
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jul 2013, 1:34 am

Enc wrote:
In fact, islam encourage to rape non muslim women so their children will be muslim. (in case they get pregnant) That's even more sick.

Source?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 3:45 am

Teq, I would say it's a coupe pushed by the people, the army would have done if it wasn't for the masses. And the army doesn't seem wanting to seize all power to itself for good since it's working toward early elections.

For the Americans who are saying it's a coupe against an democratically-elected President, well, let's say Obama suddenly turned out rigid Christian and started to force extremist Christian rules on all Americans; limiting alcohol, abolishing nightlife, forcing creationism at schools, abolishing evolution from schools, using armed thugs and terrorist groups to threat the opponents, to fight all sorts of arts, declaring for a people Crusade (not just the army) against some country without taking others' opinions, supporting or forcing fundie rulers on States + sucking at economy.

Well, I am sure under such circumstances, millions of Americans, republicans and democrats, would revolt en mass and call the army to arrest him dead or alive.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 7:57 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Teq, I would say it's a coupe pushed by the people, the army would have done if it wasn't for the masses. And the army doesn't seem wanting to seize all power to itself for good since it's working toward early elections.

For the Americans who are saying it's a coupe against an democratically-elected President, well, let's say Obama suddenly turned out rigid Christian and started to force extremist Christian rules on all Americans; limiting alcohol, abolishing nightlife, forcing creationism at schools, abolishing evolution from schools, using armed thugs and terrorist groups to threat the opponents, to fight all sorts of arts, declaring for a people Crusade (not just the army) against some country without taking others' opinions, supporting or forcing fundie rulers on States + sucking at economy.

Well, I am sure under such circumstances, millions of Americans, republicans and democrats, would revolt en mass and call the army to arrest him dead or alive.

The US constitution would probably prevent any American president from doing such a thing and most US laws have to go through Congress before they are passed, at least as far as I'm aware. However, if the American president started subverting the constitution, then that would be a different story.

Unfortunately, no similar limitation would of applied to Morsi because his government was actually writing Egypt's constitution following the overthrow of Muberack. So, they could of written a constitution which requires Sharia law, turning Egypt into a new Iran if they wanted to.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Jul 2013, 12:49 am

A lot of people are drawing parallels between this and the Algerian Civil War. The military is obviously the real the power in Egypt and I do not see the Muslim Brotherhood or other Islamist groups fading into obscurity, it seems like an unavoidable collision course. I have my doubts Egypt will be able to ever function as a democracy.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 7:21 am

Jacoby wrote:
A lot of people are drawing parallels between this and the Algerian Civil War. The military is obviously the real the power in Egypt and I do not see the Muslim Brotherhood or other Islamist groups fading into obscurity, it seems like an unavoidable collision course. I have my doubts Egypt will be able to ever function as a democracy.

No nation functions for long as a democracy. That's why Egypt (and other nations) need a REPUBLIC.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 9:38 am

Tequila wrote:
And the ravings of the Ikhwan mob in Gaza:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lNOdgoRUJI[/youtube]

Is "Allahu akbar" the only chant they know?

There is also "kill the Jews".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... JZF-Vvv3wg

ruveyn

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 12:16 pm

Lintar wrote:
Why are we hearing so little from the mainstream media about how Libya has turned out?

same reason you are hearing very little about Iraq. Its a case of

western coalition: "Uh oh we f****d this up pretty badly, everyone back away as quietly as you can"

*everyone tip toes away from crime scene*

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 12:21 pm

...meanwhile in Syria, the west is backing the FSA who are advocates of Sharia style political Islam.

Thats why its impossible to trust the western axis on anything. On one hand, they criticise theocratic dictatorships that are politically inconvenient to them with their serpents tongue then on the other hand they are backing others purely because they are the enemies of their enemies.

They should listen to Putin and stay the hell out.

My deviant art profile

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 12:37 pm

thomas81 wrote:

Who isn't staying out himself and is helping Iran.

Hypocrisy much?

That said, I think that militarily, getting involved in Syria is insane.

Leave them to their sectarian war.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 12:46 pm

Tequila wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Who isn't staying out himself and is helping Iran.

Hypocrisy much?

Not really, Iran has been a traditional economic ally and military proxy state of Russia since Soviet times. If the status quo in Iran is threatened it is liable to disrupt the sales of Kalashnikov rifles and MiG jets. The only reason the western leaders would have a bee in their bonnet about the Russian-Iranian relationship is because of their Israeli chums.

I do not see any analogous stake belonging to the USA or the UK in Syria. If Assad is overthrown, Al Quaeda and their brethren ARE going to have more influence in the region. Ultimately that will mean the construction of more madrasses/extremist schools and in the long run more terrorism against American and British interests.

What is interesting is i see on a Al Jazeera report the FSA are referring to the Ba athist government as 'infidels' helping the west 'fight Islam'. At least they're not holding back when they're voicing their real views about the very people who are sponsoring them. The FSA are todays Taliban and look how that relationship ended. Wake up and smell the coffee.

My deviant art profile

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Jul 2013, 7:55 pm

Russia has it's own interests in Syria. They have a naval base in Tartus, their only one they have in the Mediterranean and have billions of dollars in arms contracts as well as billions in other investments as well with the Assad regime which all go out the window in the event of a rebel victory.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 2:19 am

thomas81 wrote:
...meanwhile in Syria, the west is backing the FSA who are advocates of Sharia style political Islam.

Thats why its impossible to trust the western axis on anything. On one hand, they criticise theocratic dictatorships that are politically inconvenient to them with their serpents tongue then on the other hand they are backing others purely because they are the enemies of their enemies.

Days ago, there had been clashes between FSA and AL Qaeda, leading to 25 casualties.

The basis of the FSA are former soldiers, and not love islamists that much. Their alliance with the Jubhat el Nusra and foreigner islamists is forged by need and hatred against Assad.

I am totally sure (you people should start believe my calculated predictions, I said here long time ago that the next conflict in the MEA is secularism vs Islamism) *if* Assad falls then the FSA and Islamists would shred each other the next day.

However, the Assad's monopolized rule should end otherwise Syria will never rest or progress, at least within a political solution.

As for Putin, he's hypocrite, Hezbollah and Iranian guards are Islamists too.