Issues regarding Gay bars and sensory issues

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2013, 5:28 pm

Though I've experienced the usual clubs which has often made me rather unwell, what differences are there in regards to sensory issues. What to expect or is it worth making myself unwell for the sake of experience.

I'm not interested with hooking up or whatever else, but just experience of the LGBT nightlife.

I am from the UK, but experiences anywhere would be grateful.

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2013, 5:39 pm

The only difference from a normal club (that I can think of) is that the toilets sometimes smell of poppers - and more people (of all sexes) will try to dance with you.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2013, 5:48 pm

My local establishment in Aberdeen, Scotland had loads of lesbian punch-ups.
I also was regularly hounded by guys when all I wanted to do was listen to the music, drink and people watch.
That's why I have never gone back for over a decade. :?

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2013, 6:18 pm

In gay bars around here the main differences are that the line to the guys bathroom is longer, as opposed to normal bathrooms, and guys are not shy to ask other guys to dance (even if the other is hetero, if he is there he is assumed to be tolerant enough to politely decline (or dance anyway :twisted: ) ) and you'll likely get hit on by other guys. Sensory issues should be similar to those in regular clubs. This is not in the UK though.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2013, 7:34 pm

<--- Gets ignored at gay bars so he doesn't bother with them anymore.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2013, 9:09 pm

the occasional fabulously flaming attire may hurt your eyes

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2013, 9:10 pm

Seeing more than two pairs of feet under the wall of the stall next door might be a bit of a put-off.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2013, 5:32 am

Iam hetro but prefer Gay bars, not that I go out much anyway, but a couple of Gay female friends took me into a couple of clubs down in Brighton, the music is much better, woman are more likely to ask you for a dance as they probably feel less threatened if they think you are gay, and the men are much nicer than the men you get in straight clubs who think they must pretend to be hard to be attractive to Women.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 1:51 am

I have found that meet[meat]markets in general tend to be too bright and noisy and crowded and complicated for me.

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 8:18 am

Last night, I went with a few friends to a local brewery because one of our friends had broken up with his girlfriend. Somehow at one point after last call, we were mulling over if there was a number of other places open that still served alcohol, and we listed them off including a few of the local strip clubs, but one of them was a local LGBT club. The conversation changed because I started listing off all the LGBT clubs/bars I'd been to in the area since I hadn't been to the one mentioned. One of my friends there said he'd be my wing-man if we went, and none of the others objected or even made light of that, and now I'm thinking I want to go since I haven't been to one of them in several months. Maybe take them to a drag show, which several of them have. I'm sure we'd have fun. I really didn't expect them to even bring it up, but then again, I have AS, so I could have misinterpreted everything, but I'll ask them anyway.

I've only been clubbing once at a non-LGBT club. There didn't seem much difference in the dance area part of them. Loud ambient noise from people trying to talk. Loud music. The LGBT clubs, I've gone to have had multiple rooms. One actually has a basement area where they do drag shows, and it's not as loud or noisy there except during the show, but you're focused on that. Another one which is primarily for L, has three rooms, a dance area, a show area, and a gaming/bar area. If it's to noisy or to crowded in one you could go to another room and do something else. It varies with building setup, and what entertainment they offer.