If you were bullied at school, did it...

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

If you were bullied at school, did it...
make you stronger.:rambo: 17%  17%  [ 9 ]
break/devastate you.:cry: 75%  75%  [ 40 ]
I was never bullied.:shrug: 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I was the bully.:twisted: 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 53

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2013, 10:20 pm

The bulling that I received at school broke me, but than I learned something from those experiences. I became a gentle soul and decided that I wasn't going to hurt anybody in any way. I guess that I was fearful and angry for the first 34 years of my life, than I learned something from it and chose a gentle soul for a role model. My parents weren't good role models for me and I promised myself that I wouldn't be like them. That's the reason that I chose Mick Avory to be my role model.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 12:06 am

It broke me, I was only 6 when the worst of it started, both verbel and physical from kids and teachers, perhaps it would have been better if it happend at a later age like highschool however I think given the age I was the effects became so ingrained into my thought process and personallty that theres no way to completely heal the damage and gets in the way of life alot. I don't recall having the issues with anxiety, trust, self-doubt and depression that I have now before the bullying. I naturally came up with a few coping stratigys after a few years as a child, all were in reallity not very good ideas at all and in the long term were/are detrimantal to me as far as making and keeping friends, being social, active and outgoing etc. Its alot to try to unlearn.