Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2013, 3:05 pm

After seeing Megaman in the new Smash Bros., I believe it is time X got a comeback. I'm using this video as inspiration.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F991RSOU00Y[/youtube]

Megaman X has not seen a release since 2005. When K. Inafune left, Capcom began trashing their mascot with poor releases (Xover) and cancellations left and right. One cancelled game was called Maverick Hunter with a Metroid Prime style gameplay and a story building around the mythology of X. The X series still remains unresolved. Can they obviously let a couple of poorly received games like X7 and Command Mission get them down? Megaman X8 was an underrated gem. I liked it. The series was supposed to end at X5 but Capcom got greedy and in too deep until they cancelled the series. Capcom got themselves into that mess and I hope they can find the way out. It's about time they did that. I wonder though...Megaman X9 and X10 with Snes style graphics?

What do you guys think? Has it been long enough? I believe X deserves another chance.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

punkguy378
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jul 2013, 10:27 pm

I always liked Mega Man X (the first one) the best. It seemed this off-shoot kept going downhill for some reason. But maybe they need to do an SNES style Mega Man X game just like they did Mega Man 8 and 9 for Xbox live arcade because those games are aweoms and showed why old school mega man is still just as good as it was in the eighties. I mean I grew up on the original Mega Man and the X series never seemed to do it for me compared to games like Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3. Those are the definitive Mega Man games in my opinion.

I honestly like the Z series better. And I even played ZX which is also good since they decided to use the metroidvania formula which is my favorite style of side scroller.

I say make an SNES Mega Man X game in the metroidvania style then I would be extremely interested.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 12:04 pm

punkguy378 wrote:
But maybe they need to do an SNES style Mega Man X game just like they did Mega Man 8 and 9 for Xbox live arcade because those games are aweoms and showed why old school mega man is still just as good as it was in the eighties

It was Megaman 9 and 10 that went back to good ol' 8 bit. Megaman 8 was for PSX and Sega Saturn. Although someone did show what both Megaman 7 and 8 would look like on the NES. Search up Rockman 7 or Rockman 8 famicom. The only disappointments are a few plot holes because of the missing intro stage and half-way stage.

Bitoku
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jul 2013, 2:13 pm

I'd love to see some new MegaManX games... maybe on the 3DS, hopefully.
I actually liked the X series the best by far out of all the MegaMan games. I was kind of disappointed when they started with the Zero series and other stuff that just didn't seem as fun as the old SNES/PS MegaManX series.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 5:07 pm

Bitoku wrote:
I'd love to see some new MegaManX games... maybe on the 3DS, hopefully.
I actually liked the X series the best by far out of all the MegaMan games. I was kind of disappointed when they started with the Zero series and other stuff that just didn't seem as fun as the old SNES/PS MegaManX series.

The Zero series wasn't that bad. Zero's sacrifice pretty much inspired my avatar. I personally wouldn't decide if the ZX series is any good until I see Advent.

punkguy378
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2013, 2:55 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
punkguy378 wrote:
But maybe they need to do an SNES style Mega Man X game just like they did Mega Man 8 and 9 for Xbox live arcade because those games are aweoms and showed why old school mega man is still just as good as it was in the eighties

It was Megaman 9 and 10 that went back to good ol' 8 bit. Megaman 8 was for PSX and Sega Saturn. Although someone did show what both Megaman 7 and 8 would look like on the NES. Search up Rockman 7 or Rockman 8 famicom. The only disappointments are a few plot holes because of the missing intro stage and half-way stage.

Oh yeah now I remember it was Mega Man 9 and 10 and 8 was for PSone/ Saturn which I actually have never played. Not sure why I forgot that because I have 9 and 10 on my Xbox and they are really hard. I got to the end on 9 well I got to the final boss Dr. Wiley (3 parter I believe) but could not get past it and if you shut it off you start at the beginning of Wiley's castle kinda stinks but those are how the old school ones are. hard as hell.