please pray for WPer ASS-P!

Page 1 of 14 [ 219 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 9:52 pm

he is in bad straights now, please pray for our brother aspie ASS-P.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 9:59 pm

I've prayed for him and I'll keep on praying.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 10:03 pm

thank you CR :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 10:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Done.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 10:11 pm

thank you Fnord :)

b9
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 10:12 pm

auntblabby wrote:

what has happened to him? is he the homeless man from san francisco with the "dagwood" avatar? the one with diabetes and bad feet?

i must admit that when i first noticed him a few years ago, i felt genuinely sad for him. does he need some money? or is it more serious than that? has there been a serious development in his condition recently?

he is a very genuine case of a person who never got a break.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 10:15 pm

as far as I can tell from somewhat disjointed letters and phone calls from him, that he is homeless, wanted on various vagrancy warrants [but the heat have not taken him in because vagrancy warrants unaccompanied by anything else are beneath their radar, so to speak], is having trouble getting social service agencies to help him [they told him to get the legal stuff straightened out first], and he is having troubles with money and a place to stay sheltered from the harsh elements. he is very sad, he was crying when he left a phone message with me. I didn't know what to do other than to ask people to pray for him. I fear for him.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 10:44 pm

i asked for god to notice him and help him. it is difficult to believe that in your country, no one has taken him under their wing. quite the opposite.

i looked for cheap houses in the USA because i remember a few years ago during the height of the gfc, that some houses were only $1000. if i find one i will get it for him, but i am not rich so it has to be a very cheap house.

surely there must be an answer! if he needs money for food, i can give it to him. i never feel shame except in few circumstances. i am very lucky and it is very hard to know that someone like him who has done no wrong has had such an unfair life.

all wildlife thrives and flourishes without ever having a cent to their name, but humans must pay to simply stay alive.

i will continue to search for cheap property that at least he can call his own, even if it has no house, he can construct some sleeping arrangement and be left alone to heal. gee whiz it is sad to think about.

surely there are charities in the USA that could help him. do you have "st vincent de-paul" or "the red cross" or the "salvation army" there?

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 10:55 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I will. :(

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 11:07 pm

My heart goes out to him considering I know first hand what it's like to be homeless.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2013, 11:24 pm

thank you all :) I just wish I were not so impotent in the face of somebody among us who is stuck in a deep hole.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2013, 2:21 am

I'm wishing for him too and please let him know, if possible.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2013, 4:40 am

I really hope things start to get better for ASS-P. Not sure how to go about praying, but definitely thinking of him.

Keni
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2013, 6:04 am

Poor man.
I hope you can find something for him, b9.
If you do, PM me so I can send a little to help. (It won't be much as I'm low income too)
If there is anyone on the forum who is aware of some help in his area, perhaps it could be posted here?
Sorry I'm not sure of forum rules about this.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2013, 7:38 am

If he has not tried this by now please tell him to visit a local church and ask the priest for any contacts/help resources, etc. Gov. agencies and non-profits generally do not do so well and many times it is the local community church that knows how and where the best help can be acquired from.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2013, 8:06 am

Keni wrote:
Poor man.
I hope you can find something for him, b9.
If you do, PM me so I can send a little to help. (It won't be much as I'm low income too)
If there is anyone on the forum who is aware of some help in his area, perhaps it could be posted here?
Sorry I'm not sure of forum rules about this.

when i first read one of his posts, i was very saddened about his predicament. he had a small inheritance that he was hoping to receive, but apparently bureaucracy absorbed it, and he got nothing. then he said he had to go because his time limit on the library computer he was posting from had run out.

i thought "so you will not even know what replies you got until you save up enough money to return to the library and check your replies". that thought was very hard for me to accept.

apparently he has to have toes (or even his whole foott) amputated because of infected abscesses caused by diabetes. no one will even help him with that. he seems rather muddled in his communicative style and that made me feel even more sorry for him.

anyway, i have looked at a number of US real estate sites, and it seems the period of dirt cheap homes has finished. about 3 years ago, i saw a story on 60 minutes which showed perfectly good houses for sale for $1 because the owners did not have enough money to pay for the maintenance on these houses. many of them were demolished because they were "mill stones" around their owners necks.

the time is past to easily help him. charities in australia would certainly not let him perish due to complete neglect, and i would think that charities in america would be as compassionate to real cases of hardship as we in australia are.

i want him to post again so i can chart more easily what may work for him.

i would hate to be living his present life, but he seems resigned to it which shows that he has lost hope.

the poor man. if he needs at least to eat healthy food, then i can regularly contribute money for that, but i can not buy a $100,000 house for him. homelessness in america is cold it seems. i am so lucky i live in my country.