Does anyone get drained after going out?

Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

joejoe1298
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jul 2013, 9:23 pm

Yes. That happens to me. Whenever I get home after going out, I always feel tired or exhausted. It is only after I have been out. It never happens to me from staying inside my home.

Hadeharia
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jul 2013, 10:19 pm

I'm usually exhausted after I leave the house for a long period of time. I wish that I was the type of person who enjoys going out and feels energized from new experiences and social interaction, but I'm not. I'm happiest at home.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2013, 10:21 pm

Definitely!

slushy9
Raven
Raven

04 Jul 2013, 10:31 pm

Yep. It's normal. We are made to stay indoors lol

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 2:21 am

Yep, after pretty much any outing that lasts for more than ten, maybe twenty minutes, I come home and immediately go upstairs, away from the rest of my family to just be by myself, in my own quiet space, and get quite irritated (though I don't show it) if they immediately come up and interrupt my time.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 2:53 am

loner1984 wrote:
I dont just get tired by going outside, i get insane headaches, losing ability to focus., i mean like ive been out drinking all night.

And i literally have to go to bed. Its that bad.

This

I become a zombie walking. It's like my brain refuses to take in new input and just gets overwhelmed trying to process the massive load of data.

When I come home, I will need to decompress to calm down the overload, and then I will either be ok for a few hours or go straight to sleep depending on what time of day I went out and came home.

I often sleep for 12 hours after a day out. If it is a particularly long day or stressful event, I am known to sleep for 14.

venuseagle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2013, 5:33 am

Absolutely. Low Cortisol in my case. Cortisol is the stress hormone. The stress of being out completely drains me and I am an Aspie with Addison's Disease.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 5:38 am

Yes.

Triple__B
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2013, 11:32 am

I'm spending all day doing nothing in isolation due to yesterdays activities here in the US of A.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 29 of 200
Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles. ~ Charles Chaplin

SteelBlu
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2013, 11:45 am

loner1984 wrote:
Im not sure what it is that i lack, but im not sure how normal people handle, all the random noise, the inputs, the colors, all stuff that happens. the flood of information. The flood of people everywhere My brain certainly cant handle it.

Ive tried for my entire life, to get out as much as possible, yet it only gets worse as i age, because i dont have the mental energies anymore.

Also from what i understand normal people can like focus on specific voices. if im in a place like a shopping mall, and there is 30 people around that is talking, i hear 30 people talking at once. its a freaking nightmare, like someone is torturing someone. Im not sure how some people can block that out and hear just 1 person talking to you.

Absolutely!

For me, it's a "tired" that does not mean "sleepy". Although it can be very debilitating. Emotionally drained, exhausted to the core. Losing focus, just ready to lay down and curl up. I feel so... soul-weary. That's all that I can call it, and have it not be mistaken for "tired-sleepy".

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 2:48 pm

Yes. Especially by means of socializing with strangers.

nikkiDT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2013, 4:22 pm

Yes, I do. It happens all the time.

gretchyn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jul 2013, 3:31 pm

Most definitely. This was one of the points my psychiatrist made on my diagnosis.

Soccer22
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 4:52 pm

Yes, the second I get home I fall onto the couch and watch mindless tv or play on my ipad and zone out.

I had to go to a wedding last week and I still haven't recovered from that.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 11:47 pm

Yes. I can feel totally drained, even if I do something that doesn't involve much socializing. Celebrating holidays with friends/family can cause me to feel exhausted for the next day or two.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 12:24 pm

Shadewraith wrote:
Whenever I go out (by out I mean to place other than my house), I feel very drained and tired when I get back. I took my fiancee to the movies and some other place early this week and today I went to a few stores with my mother. Both days, I come back feeling lousy. The reason I wonder if this is an aspie thing is because some of us are hyper sensitive to sensory experiences and maybe my brain gets overloaded when I go out. Does anyone have any experience with this or a reason why this happens?

Looks like I'm late to this party.....sorry.

I'm pretty sure I've nailed the reason for getting tired.....my deep introversion.

I became 100% convinced after reading: Revenge of the Introvert in Psychology Today . If you google: it will be available online. Sorry I can't give you the link as the administration of Wrong Planet will not allow it yet :cry: .

After reading this article I re-read it a couple of times and thought about it for a couple of weeks. Then I gave it to my wife (of 49 years) to read, without ANY comment. When she finished it her first comment was: "That's you!." The AS diagnoses (self) filling in the leftover blanks came later.

My thought was: "If it's this difficult being an introverted aspie I can only imagine how difficult it must be for extroverted aspies..... and incredibly frustrating.

denny