Never lazy at work, but always lazy at home.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 4:02 am

I am like that with school. I try to get my homework done there, because when I get home it's hopeless.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 6:14 am

Maybe you used up all of your "spoons" at work.
Spoon theory - Wikipedia

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2015, 7:14 am

Similar to EzraS.

During class: Outwardly interested, attentive, participating, diligent, stimming suppressed... unless I didn't get sleep (most of the time), then I was a zombie, going through sleep deprivation purgatory limbo to avoid absenteeism.
At home: Don't think about school at all costs. ADD heaven, never got anything much done.

So I often tried to finish my homework before leaving school.

danum
Raven
Raven

06 Oct 2015, 7:27 am

Me too. I think it's because you get recognition for what you do at work, whereas no-one's interested in what you do at home when you're living by yourself.

kaiouti12
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Aug 2020, 4:17 am

I get a lot of pressure to perform even when not competing amongst others. And I too also "get in the zone" ...problem is I work myself too hard, if someone gets in my way or impedes my mental projection of how much I can get done, I burnout. I have be told I am really good at using work time to my advantage. But showing up has been a big problem Im facing for future work endevours.