Great Moments in WP Love & Dating History

Page 1 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 9:03 pm

I know there can be a fair amount of bickering and negativity on this subforum, but I'm sure some of the discussions have helped people, too.

What lessons or insights about relationships have you gotten here? And, have you managed to apply them in your life? Any favorite posts or discussions, feel free to share them.

I'm just curious. :)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 9:10 pm

When it comes to the "Game of Love", whiners never win, and winners never whine.

LoverOfDragons
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jul 2013, 9:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
When it comes to the "Game of Love", whiners never win, and winners never whine.

There is some serious truth to what you just said there. I haven't had experience with the "Game of Love" but I know for sure that your words are very true.

Sheerboredom
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jul 2013, 10:27 pm

I haven't learned anything besides there's a high probably I will become a 40 year old virgin.

You are very likely neurotypical
INTJ

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 10:35 pm

I've learned to not listen to people on here, because you don't learn about life from a message board. Of course, I've mainly learned it in an intellectual way, since I haven't been too good at putting it into practice. Many things are easier said than done.

As for the "Game of Love" love is only a game to a psycho. Winners never whine...heh is this a competition where we try to defeat our lovers? That's hatred. People who truly care don't play games with other people's hearts. But the saying sounds cool, like an advertising slogan or something. Whiners don't win, winners don't whine, kick that boy where the sun don't shine! Wooohooo!

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 10:49 pm

There's a lot that's happened here, but Idk if I can make a list of what ve learned

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 11:18 pm

Sorry blueroses, this thread didn't seem to go the way you wanted to.

I've actually used this sun forum to ask for advice, and helpful advice was given that time. Between all the noise, there are some nuggets of gold that can make it worth it. If a single person's life can change for the better because of this, it is worth it to keep hanging around too.

MXH, please do make that list :P

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 11:50 pm

Truth be told Shatbat I've not really read anything groundbreaking here. Only things I already knew and things I already knew weren't so.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2013, 11:59 pm

I just found a link of a time when I received a lot of help from people here in L&D. A bit embarrassing and self-promoting to post it, but good things do happen.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 10:05 am

Fnord wrote:

Hell to the yeah 8)

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 11:15 am

It warms my heart whenever a PUA troll is banned.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 11:21 am

GGPViper wrote:
It warms my heart whenever a PUA troll is banned.

Wannnabe PUA. Yes it was a turning point for this board.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 11:23 am

^^^Anyone in particular? Just being nosy.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 11:25 am

PM'd you the info :)

Another defining moment = some of the success stories born from people that visited here.
Kinme + ScubaSteve!

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 11:38 am

Fnord wrote:

I find this quote highly unfair.

I have been more than once qualified as a 'whiner'. Not in the game of love, but with regard to other aspects of my life that, at the end, ended up having a reason: neurological problems due to ADHD. Now I have drugs, so no claims, but it remains some feeling of disappointment.

I'm not denying that they are professsional whiners. But many other people have real problems, about love or about anything else, and it looks like in the modern world they don't have even the right to tell about their problems. Lack of empathy nowadays is incredible.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 11:55 am

Greb wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I find this quote highly unfair.

I have been more than once qualified as a 'whiner'. Not in the game of love, but with regard to other aspects of my life that, at the end, ended up having a reason: neurological problems due to ADHD. Now I have drugs, so no claims, but it remains some feeling of disappointment.

I'm not denying that they are professsional whiners. But many other people have real problems, about love or about anything else, and it looks like in the modern world they don't have even the right to tell about their problems. Lack of empathy nowadays is incredible.

Question...are you winning?

Life isn't fair, and Fnord was only stating an observation. He was making no comment on or invalidating anyone's reasons to be down about stuff. You need to take things less personally.