Great Moments in WP Love & Dating History

Page 4 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,914

09 Jul 2013, 12:39 pm

MCalavera wrote:
Shatbat wrote:
You can think that if you wish, but I don't think you should pass judgement on her because of it. Being attracted to wealth does not necessarily mean chasing strictly rich guys or treating less-rich guys badly, so far it is just an statement. Also, why more shallow than being attracted to, let's say, beauty?


You are reading something into my post that isn't there. You are making a judgement against me now.


I have to back MCalavera on this one. Beauty and wealth can both be transient qualities, but wealth seems to be a step removed from physical attraction itself. I can see being attracted to the trappings of wealth (prettier wrapping paper, so to speak), or maybe even to the qualities that brought wealth to the individual (smarts or work ethic, etc). To pick out wealth specifically as a main quality to orient on seems shallow to me.



Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2012
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,053
Location: Where two great rivers meet

09 Jul 2013, 1:34 pm

@MCalavera If you were not passing judgement about smudge shallowness then sorry about that.

And Boo, I's assume being attracted to wealth would include it's trappings and possible associated qualities. I don't know, really, it doesn't attract me personally anyway. But I've no coded every time someone admits to such a thing all guys jump to that woman's throat, and I don't think that's right. And for the record I'm not stating any of you guys has done that yet, but it is very common behaviour


_________________
To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day. - Winston Churchill


smudge
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,663
Location: London

13 Jul 2013, 4:34 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Are you sure of that? I recall she said she only befriends wealthy people too. hmm.


I never said that. Stirring things up are we?

And MjrMajorMajor? F*ck you. It does take courage to admit being attracted to something like wealth, and for the record, it doesn't f*cking mean that's ALL I go for, or that it's the minimum criteria. I would expect better reasoning from someone like you.

How comes nobody jumps on those whose criteria is absolutely NO fat girls, or NO ugly girls? I can't imagine anything more shallow. There's plenty of fat-bashing on here and frankly, I think it's sickening. My preference isn't ONLY for wealthy men, it's just something else that's attractive, like beauty. It doesn't mean I won't date poor men - you've all immediately jumped to that conclusion and have made a huge error of judgement on me.

It's all too easy for you all to jump down my throat and assume the worst.

As for power - lots of women are attracted to that, as they are to wealth. I'm pretty sure people like MjrMajorMajor are into it but they haven't got the f*cking guts like me to admit it.

And Shatbat - you weren't making a judgement against MCalavera, he was making a judgement against me and you simply said that it wasn't worth judging me. Thank you for standing up for me.



MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,914

13 Jul 2013, 4:58 pm

smudge wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Are you sure of that? I recall she said she only befriends wealthy people too. hmm.


And MjrMajorMajor? F*ck you. It does take courage to admit being attracted to something like wealth, and for the record, it doesn't f*cking mean that's ALL I go for, or that it's the minimum criteria. I would expect better reasoning from someone like you.

As for power - lots of women are attracted to that, as they are to wealth. I'm pretty sure people like MjrMajorMajor are into it but they haven't got the f*cking guts like me to admit it.



Well, now. To each his own. You may state your opinion, but to personally attack me for mine is a poor sport, and pretty offensive at that.
I'm a pretty lowbrow gal at heart, and wealth seems to come with it's own set of trappings I prefer not to deal with.
As for power, there are many different types and types of wielders of it. Too broad of a statement for me to express a blanket decisive opinion one way or the other.



JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2012
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,465

13 Jul 2013, 7:30 pm

lol



Last edited by JanuaryMan on 15 Jul 2013, 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,663
Location: London

14 Jul 2013, 10:46 am

JanuaryMan wrote:
Looks like someone's going to delete their comments again soon .. :roll:


And yet you found me "mysterious" before. Looks like someone's got a problem because I didn't reply to their ill-thought out PM...



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,721
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

14 Jul 2013, 11:18 am

smudge wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Are you sure of that? I recall she said she only befriends wealthy people too. hmm.


I never said that. Stirring things up are we?

.


I might have confused with someone else, I recall another user who was like you on this matter - so if it's the case then I am sorry.



smudge
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,663
Location: London

14 Jul 2013, 11:20 am

^ Forgiven.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,721
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

14 Jul 2013, 11:24 am

She was that far eastern user, she posted a pic of her hair and she started pming me fancying poems when I joked saying I am an Arab prince in a thread...


Ok, that was a great (and creepy) L&D moment but I've talked too much :lol:



Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,735
Location: Birmingham, UK

14 Jul 2013, 11:27 am

I have learned that the 'post a picture of yourself' is a big help in dating.
I saw my boyfriend's picture on there, sent him a message saying he looked good, and things went from there!


_________________
If you don't believe in dragons it is curiously true, that the dragons you disparage choose to not believe in you.


spongy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2010
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,180
Location: Patiently waiting for the seventh wave

14 Jul 2013, 11:54 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
She was that far eastern user, she posted a pic of her hair and she started pming me fancying poems when I joked saying I am an Arab prince in a thread...


Ok, that was a great (and creepy) L&D moment but I've talked too much :lol:


OMG she went on to the male´s forum pretending to be a male to try to get members to send her fancy pms...

Her post were a bit weird but I miss seeing her interacting with people and hoping to impress everyone here



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 28,721
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

14 Jul 2013, 12:02 pm

spongy wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
She was that far eastern user, she posted a pic of her hair and she started pming me fancying poems when I joked saying I am an Arab prince in a thread...


Ok, that was a great (and creepy) L&D moment but I've talked too much :lol:


OMG she went on to the male´s forum pretending to be a male to try to get members to send her fancy pms...

Her post were a bit weird but I miss seeing her interacting with people and hoping to impress everyone here


Yea, I think she was the one who said she only befriends rich people.



JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2012
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,465

14 Jul 2013, 2:02 pm

*sigh* :?



Last edited by JanuaryMan on 15 Jul 2013, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Apr 2012
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,379
Location: Scandinavia

14 Jul 2013, 2:49 pm

GGPViper wrote:
It warms my heart whenever a PUA troll is banned.


People here aren't exactly nice to these so-called PUA trolls either. Go a few years back in time, and you'll see that many frustrated men both here and everywhere else on the internet were just as misguided, and had just as much faith in PUA. I know for a fact that one of the sticky threads in this section was exclusively about PUA and not at all about actual tips on how to improve your dating prospects when you had Asperger's syndrome.



smudge
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Sep 2006
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,663
Location: London

14 Jul 2013, 3:35 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
You mean this ill-thought out PM? Because this is the last time I sent you any communication and it looked pretty normal to me. Having a 3rd,4th,5th read through I fail to see any sort of attempt at hitting on you, or prying much into things I didn't already know. It was a rather normal conversation. Note that I do have permission to share it, after all it was what I sent out.


Fine, it wasn't ill-thought out.

JanuaryMan wrote:
I also fail to understand how because I disagree with you on at best 1 or 2 things, or said a four letter word (LMAO) to one of Boo's jokes about you that I'm your worst enemy or no longer find you "mysterious". That simply makes no sense at all. If it makes you feel better to believe I'm just butthurt because you didn't reply, then sure believe that.I


I don't believe that. I don't care if you don't find me "mysterious". I just pointed out that you suddenly reversed your opinion of my post deletions.

JanuaryMan wrote:
My comment earlier in this thread if anything was just being honest - every time you say something edgy or argue with someone you usually ask the mods to delete the content of your posts. I admire your guts to say what you say in this thread but given your history surely I'm hardly committing a crime for thinking you will probably ask for your posts to be removed later.


Yes you were honest, but you were pointing out my shortfall with rolling eyes as if what I do is a bad thing. It is true you said it was mysterious when I deleted my posts before. You never used to have a problem with it.

JanuaryMan wrote:
I think you're still a cool person, and your comments are simply an overreaction which we're all prone to from time to time. However, I didn't take kindly to you trying to imply I was saying things or doing things that I didn't, so I'm taking the liberty to clear that up publicly.


You're right, I did overreact. However, I am not apologising to anyone. Simply because, everyone made huge assumptions about me and about anyone who thinks wealth is attractive.

There are people who find certain looks attractive, and there are people who think wealth is attractive. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT? It's just another form of shallowness. So f*cking what? Everybody is shallow whether those self proclaimed angels here admit it or not.

And I'm not some gold digger. I don't actively look only for wealthy people - that would be stupid and limit my potential to get perfectly decent dates. And I don't look down on poor people like those on here who judge fat and "ugly" people. The people who assume such ridiculous things about me really can go and f*ck themselves. There are people on here who outright refuse to date fat people, and yet I'M the one who gets stomped on just for stating that I find wealth attractive.

I just can't people on here seriously anymore. Why bother? You just get attacked with assumptions made about you and even when you do explain yourself - people keep their heads firmly wedged up their arses and don't listen. Why bother to treat people here with respect when they blatently don't respect me?



Last edited by smudge on 14 Jul 2013, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.