Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 4:51 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/asiana-airlines-b ... 32787.html

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 5:14 pm

San Francisco TV reports two dead, 61 injured. Plane was flying from Seoul to SF, and is owned by a South Korean airline. Ten people are reported to be in critical condition.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 7:21 pm

i am never getting on a plane!

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 7:56 pm

Me, too!

Sylkat

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2013, 8:27 pm

Flying is still a very safe mode of travel, considering how many commercial flights take place every day without incident. The part I dislike the most is having to deal with the TSA gestapo and the other mostly unnecessary nuisances related to commercial flight.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 6:26 pm

I haven't flown since I was 15,I had no choice in the matter then.I hope I never get on a plane again,I'm going by train.I hated picking my daughter up at the little local airport.Way too much sound,buzzers and what's up with all the tv screens everywhere??All advertising Branson attractions.It was hell I tell you.To get me on a plane I will need to be sedated and strapped down like Dr.Lecter.The last time I flew people were smoking on the plane and there were no security checkpoints.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 6:36 pm

Misslizard wrote:
The last time I flew people were smoking on the plane and there were no security checkpoints.

There's no smoking on the aircraft these days and PLENTY of security, trust me.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 6:48 pm

I would most likely get patted down by some mean woman,if I had to get patted down,I'd prefer to pick the TSA agent.I'm sure there would be a handsome man somewhere. :lol:
My son gets checked every time ,he hates flying,he fidgets a lot,like me.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 7:14 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I would most likely get patted down by some mean woman,if I had to get patted down,I'd prefer to pick the TSA agent.I'm sure there would be a handsome man somewhere. :lol:
My son gets checked every time ,he hates flying,he fidgets a lot,like me.

These are TSA personnel and I'm only half joking.
It's not bad at all in smaller regional airports but at the big ones you feel like cattle in a stockyard. The crankiness and impatience of the TSA people adds to the cattle in the stockyard effect. I think the whole thing is BS but that empire has already been created and will not fall easily.

Last edited by Raptor on 07 Jul 2013, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 7:28 pm

^^^Do they really have boots like that?The ones at the little airport had on khaki uniforms and lace ups.She does look cranky,is that her gun or one she confiscated??Is her name Agent Diesel?Do they wear those style hats?Those look like WW 2 hats.Now I'm positive I'll never fly again.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 8:10 pm

^ I think those are nazi uniforms, at least the handgun looks like the Luger Germans used to carry around. Guess there is little love for TSA guys :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 8:17 pm

^^That's what I thought,but since I have not been in a big airport for years, I have no idea what they wear.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 8:45 pm

Shatbat wrote:
^ I think those are nazi uniforms, at least the handgun looks like the Luger Germans used to carry around. Guess there is little love for TSA guys :lol:

It’s a P-38, not a Luger. I have one so I know.

Misslizard wrote:
^^That's what I thought,but since I have not been in a big airport for years, I have no idea what they wear.

It’s dark humor but not too terribly far from reality.
You need to get out more…..

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 9:08 pm

Raptor wrote:
Shatbat wrote:

Misslizard wrote:

I know,plus sometimes I don't get jokes,something with my brain wiring. :lol:
I am going to the Liberal Capital of the US to go visit my daughter.I am not really looking forward to it.Seeing her will be great,but I really don't like strange places.I'll be on a train for a couple days,I've never rode one before.At least there is beer on it.And I will have a fresh refill of Ativan.She wants me to go to Alcatraz with her,no way in hell.She the type that will try to drag you everywhere.I think the neighbor hood is not that great,people yelling at you on the street.I've been to Dallas,Atlanta,St.Louis,lived in Memphis a few months and I don't remember people accosting anyone on the street for money or yelling sexual comments.As long as they don't try and latch on to me I guess I can stand it.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 9:15 pm

And I imagined all German guns that looked that way were Lugers, but it would make sense as Walters P-38 where the ones used in WWII. But they still look similar enough! :shameonyou:

Now I am curious, I've never taken a domestic flight in my country, I wonder how bad the security is over there. I remember in Brazil it was pretty lax, they didn't require me to take my articles of clothing and they allowed me to check in a freaking spear :lmao:

I wanted to go to Alcatraz, but apparently you must reserve the main tour from two weeks in advance

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 9:21 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Shatbat wrote:

Misslizard wrote:

I know,plus sometimes I don't get jokes,something with my brain wiring. :lol:
I am going to the Liberal Capital of the US to go visit my daughter.I am not really looking forward to it.Seeing her will be great,but I really don't like strange places.I'll be on a train for a couple days,I've never rode one before.At least there is beer on it.And I will have a fresh refill of Ativan.She wants me to go to Alcatraz with her,no way in hell.She the type that will try to drag you everywhere.I think the neighbor hood is not that great,people yelling at you on the street.I've been to Dallas,Atlanta,St.Louis,lived in Memphis a few months and I don't remember people accosting anyone on the street for money or yelling sexual comments.As long as they don't try and latch on to me I guess I can stand it.

Why not go to Alcatraz if you're going to be in Frisco and get the opportunity?
It's a historic landmark.