Page 6 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

What do you think of the "Indigo Child" meme?
I am an Indigo Child. 13%  13%  [ 14 ]
I know an Indigo Child. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I believe that Indigo Children exist, but I've never met one. 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
I believe that Indigo Children may exist, but I won't bet on it. 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
It's not likely that Indigo Children exist, but I won't bet against it. 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
I do not believe that Indigo Children exist, but I won't rule it out entirely. 8%  8%  [ 8 ]
I do not believe that Indigo Children exist. 10%  10%  [ 10 ]
I believe that Indigo Children do not exist. 10%  10%  [ 10 ]
Indigo Children do not exist. 21%  21%  [ 22 ]
Indigo-flavored icecream costs 5 quatloos a pint on Planet X. 21%  21%  [ 22 ]
Other: ________________ (Please explain below). 9%  9%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 104

sanahasacat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2013, 4:56 pm

I don't know. Several people have told me I'm an indigo child (and on one occasion, a crystal child, whatever the difference is). Maybe they're right, maybe they're talking out their asses. I don't know, and to be honest, I don't particularly care to know. I do believe in spirituality in a more general sense, for sure, so I'm not going to rule out indigo children is a possibilty, though my instinct is that, at the very least, they've got a lot of the explanation wrong. But then, that's just my perception. I never was one to put much stock in the idea of an objective reality. People are welcome to believe as they will; ultimatley it's all different words for the same sh*t.

Not autistic at all, but brainweird in a lot of different ways and, besides, I like it here.

sanahasacat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Oct 2013, 4:58 pm

[Double post, my bad.]

Not autistic at all, but brainweird in a lot of different ways and, besides, I like it here.

Last edited by sanahasacat on 04 Oct 2013, 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 5:15 pm

Indigo children are allegedly people whose auras are indigo in color. There is currently no valid demonstrable evidence in favor of colored auras.

According to This Rational Wiki article on Indigo Children:

Quote:
Identifying indigo children

It used to be that indigos were easily identified by analyzing their auras. As the theorists no longer believe this, they've had to come up with some new criteria. Lee Carroll lists the following traits:
  • They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).
  • They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
  • Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
  • They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
  • They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
  • They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.
  • They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
  • They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them.
  • School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
  • They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
  • They are not shy in letting you know what they need.
... indigo children are entitled, self-important, antisocial, tactless, disorderly, bratty, rigid in thought and have issues with empathy. Jenny McCarthy used to believe that she was an indigo and her son was an even more evolved crystal child. She even ran a website - Indigo Moms - that served as a meeting place for parents of indigos and crystals. The site vanished in 2007, around the time Jenny got her degree from the University of Google and decided that her "crystal child" was vaccine damaged.

In other words, "Indigo Child" is just a prettier, unscientific, and more politically correct label for a child who seems to display symptoms of ADD, ADHD, or an ASD.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SwampOwl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2013, 5:50 pm

On more than one occasion, I have been told that my aura is blue.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 5:57 pm

SwampOwl wrote:

By whom?

How much did they charge for the reading?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Lostathome
Raven
Raven

03 Oct 2013, 6:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
Same for Crystal, Diamond, Golden, Rainbow, and Star Children?

It's all hokum to me, too.
Wait, what? Are these children, or planned pokemon games?

Ah, I ain't gonna insult it. I've seen to much wierd stuff myself to completely deny anything. At the same time, however, I'm still capable of logical judgement, and that tells me all this is far too vague to prove, probably far too vague to be anything at all.

But hey, it's also too vague for me to disprove completely. Maybe that's the point, or maybe there's something to it. Hell if I know.

SwampOwl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2013, 6:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
SwampOwl wrote:

By whom?

How much did they charge for the reading?

I've never paid for a reading. It was always just random casual conversation.

The first time was my uncles ex wife. She did massage therapy and new age healing. (crystals, hot stones, chakra, that sort of stuff) I ran into her somewhere and she asked what was wrong. I said "nothing". And she said, "Well your aura is very blue today, do you have a sore throat or are you depressed?"

Another time I was at a party at a park one night just sitting on a rock. I got up to walk around and passed 2 women (1 that I knew and 1 I didn't) who were talking. The 1 I didn't know pointed in the direction I had been sitting and said "I saw something blue over there" The woman I knew looked over and said, "that was probably just (SwampOwl). He was just sitting over there". They were both into new age and psychic stuff too, and I think the woman I didn't know called herself an Empath.

I really don't know a lot about auras and all that. Just thought it was kind of coincidental.

I've also been told by people who tried to read me that I had too many walls up, or an aura of protection. Whether that was just a cop out or not, I don't know.

Riverbird
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Oct 2013, 7:37 am

Personally I think we are witnessing the evolution of the perceptual system. (Picture the starship Enterprise as it stretches when it goes to light speed) If you look at the amount and intensity of the stimulation on television alone, you can see how the children of the 90s would have adapted to a much more "stimulus rich" environment than children of the 50s. Those who identify with "Wrong Planet" just happen to be the forward fringe, or cutting edge of the natural process of adaptation to the environment. (which for most of us was being parked in front of the television, or for my kids parked in front of a computer.)

We are "normal" for what the brain expected to have to deal with - it is just that the speed and intensity of the television world does not always match the external social environment. There are no right or wrong answers. Everyone just needs to cushion the process in anyway they can - evolution is a messy and painful business. But in the historical time frame of mankind, the struggles of everyone here - every autistic, aspie, indigo, or spiritually sensitive person - everyone is taking the pain now in order to pave the way for a more evolutionary advanced human. We may not live to see the fruits of our labor, but hopefully our children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren will.

Lostathome
Raven
Raven

04 Oct 2013, 6:39 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
I never believed in any of that "nonsense" until my son became extremely ill and was able to know too many things that were impossible to know. Until strangers started walking up to him and asking for healing. Until he started waking Bobby and I up to tell us that a particular person had just died and that their families would not know until they found the bodies the next day [happened twice, both times children] Until he started telling me exactly when 2 of his grandparents died[ the third he had no clue beforehand. one is still living]
I'm not going to add further because I am sure I have written enough to be barraged with caustic comments. I will, however answer questions concerning details, as long as they are not asked cruelly.
Now, that's not quite so vague as the description given of indigo children in the first post, and if it's true, it's rather remarkable. How did strangers know he would "heal" them? Was he disturbed in any way by knowing that someone had died?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2013, 7:04 pm

What's an Indigo Child?

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 2:28 pm

My personal opinion of the "Indigo Child" topic is that ALL parents want their child/children to be special, unique, and that during their life-time they will contribute towards society/be a valuable citizen.

In my opinion "New Age" parents with their Age of Aquarius thinking force their own belief system onto their children. I recall seeing an interview with a parent who allegedly had 3 Indigo Children. The children had been "brainwashed" by their parents into believing that they were part of some special genetically enhanced force sent to save humanity from impending destruction.

I accept that it may be possible that some outside force is manipulating the DNA structure of certain individuals, and/or implanting esoteric knowledge, however I prefer to be objective and scientific.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2013, 2:37 pm

StarCity wrote:
My personal opinion of the "Indigo Child" topic is that ALL parents want their child/children to be special, unique, and that during their life-time they will contribute towards society/be a valuable citizen.

In my opinion "New Age" parents with their Age of Aquarius thinking force their own belief system onto their children. I recall seeing an interview with a parent who allegedly had 3 Indigo Children. The children had been "brainwashed" by their parents into believing that they were part of some special genetically enhanced force sent to save humanity from impending destruction.

YAY! Somebody gets it!