Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 10:05 am

How many Jewish mothers does it take to change a light bulb?
None. Ask any Jewish mother and she will say: I'ts alright. I'll sit in the dark

ruveyn

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 10:22 am

Fnord wrote:
Q: How many women does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Ten.

- Four to complain that the light bulb needs changing.
- Three to form a support group for women who can't reach the ceiling.
- Two to blame the patriarchy for leaving them in the dark.
- One to talk a male relative into changing the bulb for her.

Normally I wouldnt agree you, because in my marriage, I am the technician, and he is the cook. But he is 193 cm = 6´4´´ and you dont need technical knowledge to change the bulb. While I need to go down into the cellar, bring up the ladder through three stairways, and back again to change a bulb in the upper level, he simply raises his hand. XD

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 10:59 am

Q: How many Trappist monks does it take to change a light bulb?
A:

Q: How many Amish does it take to change a light bulb?
A: What is a light bulb?

Q: How many Westboro Baptist Church members does it take to change a light bulb?
A: One to denounce and exorcise the demon from the bulb that no longer works and twenty to demonstrate outside the light bulb factory protesting against the sin of making devices that give out light, when everyone should rely upon the light from God Almighty himself. Hallelujah! Light bulbs are the creation of the devil and those making them will burn in hell fire.

Q: How many union members does it take to change a light bulb?
A: It isn't my job and I'm going to strike in support of my brothers in the bulb-changers union.

Q: How many gypsies does it take to change a light bulb?
A: One to remove the existing bulb, a second to remove all the copper wiring, a third to keep a lookout for the police and a fourth to offer you a good deal on light bulbs and electrical cable.

Q: What is black and crisp and dangles from a light fitting?
A: An Irish electrician.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 12:39 pm

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 2:44 pm

If you have a house sitting empty here,you won't have to worry about changing any old school lightbulbs,tweakers will steal them all to smoke out of.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 7:44 pm

Q: How many WP members in the "Politics, Philosophy, and Religion" forum does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb should have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

53 to flame the spell checkers.

41 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb", "light-bulb" or "light bulb".

6 more condemn the previous 6 as anal-retentive.

1 industry professional to inform the group that the proper term is "Incandescent Lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

17 members to take personal offense at the industry professional's post and declare that they will call a light bulb whatever they *&^%$#@ well please.

156 to email the WP Moderators with complaints that the thread is somehow offensive.

109 to post that the PP&R forum is not appropriate for light bulb threads and to please take this discussion to the "Computers, Math, Science, and Technology" forum.

203 to demand that duplicate threads in other forums be merged with this one.

111 to defend the posting to PP&R saying that because we all use light bulbs for different reasons the posts *are* relevant to PP&R.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty, and to post images of their favorite light bulbs.

51 to post various "Facepalm" images.

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and the post the corrected URL's.

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to PP&R, which makes light bulbs relevant to PP&R.

33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

12 to post to the general membership that they will no longer post on WP because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three".

44 to ask how to post links and images.

4 to say "Isn't there already a thread on this?".

143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

3 members to hijack the thread.

2 members to get banned for trolling, and 1 to be warned for offensive language.

1 Moderator to lock the thread for having become both irrelevant and contentious.

< TWO YEARS PASS >

1 member to start a new "Light Bulb" thread.

:wink:

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 9:57 pm

Well then, I'll start it off:

While you all were making jokes, I replaced the lightbulb.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 3:11 am

sliqua-jcooter wrote:
Well then, I'll start it off:

While you all were making jokes, I replaced the lightbulb.

The forum seems a bit dim this morning, did you use on of the equivalent power or did you put in one of those new crappy compact fluorescent bulbs? :evil:

PrncssAlay
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2013, 7:48 am

TallyMan wrote:
The forum seems a bit dim this morning, did you use on of the equivalent power or did you put in one of those new crappy compact fluorescent bulbs? :evil:

He probably used the new LED bulbs which last a lifetime, thus solving the "changing the light bulb" question once and for all. :)

b9
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 7:49 am

the question clearly refers to "changing" a light bulb, and i have to assert that light bulbs can not be changed once they are manufactured.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 9:25 am

b9 wrote:
the question clearly refers to "changing" a light bulb, and i have to assert that light bulbs can not be changed once they are manufactured.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 9:47 pm

Wanna light bulb planter.

Sylkat