A disturbing realization - not a PC thread.

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 3:35 pm

You want to know what your problem really is boo?

You are not desperate enough.

Seriously.

Last month I was at this event with some friends.
Within minutes I was put aside and someone confided me that some woman twice my age was extremely lonely/hoping to meet someone, I laughed at this person´s suggestion because I wasnt looking for a hookup with a stranger twice my age.

The person that approached me cares a lot about me and is a close friend, she didnt mean to make fun of me, she wanted me to be aware of her situation before someone picked her up.

Minutes afterwards she is putting me aside again because a 60something dude kept hitting on her and she felt uncomfortable speaking with him(she has been stuck on a loveless marriage for 30 years and gave up on love ages ago).

Guess which two people wanted to keep in touch after the event and havent been seen since?
The two most desperate people that would have taken just about anything home.

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 4:48 pm

Misslizard wrote:
And I disagree with you MR_BOGAN about men aging better than women.Or at least the men around here don't.Most look pretty haggard by 50.But lots of jobs here are outside, and I guess the sun takes it's toll.I know I look younger than the men around here that are my age.But I believe in sunscreen and big hats.

I'm saying that mainly as a biological thing. Like ever noticed that men seem to like younger women and women can like older guys. I think men naturally like younger women because they are more healthy( good for producing babies). If men produced the baby it would be different. But I agree with you women tend to look after themselves more though.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 4:59 pm

spongy wrote:

Seriously.

That's interesting, most users would assume I am desperate because I use Okcupid and this forum a lot.

But you're probably right, I am not desperate *at all* I guess.

When I found out that my "ex" was seeing a guy "friend" she told me earlier that he wanted to be her f**k buddy - and asked her about him and her reply was "we're both 24, we wanna have fun"; I've ditched her right away.

When I told this incident to 2 buddies (they asked me about her) one told me: "Are you stupid?? she was giving you free sex!!" - the other friend said "Why do you care she f***s others as long she's f*****g you?!".

So yea, the difference between me and them that my dignity is above everything, while most men are lap dogs for sex and women's attention.

I also forget about a date/woman quickly if she's not showing reciprocity in interest; like when the date never initiates sending me a message to ask me whether I am still breathing lol even after weeks of absence, this what I do, the logic behind this is simple: if she loves/likes me then she would instinctively want to know about my well being at least. If not, then I don't really matter to her.

Yet most men keep contacting women they like no matter how little attention they get in return.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2013, 5:30 pm

Nambo wrote:
YourMajesty wrote:
Can't people break up or divorce after 30?

Getting divorced so young, can indicate the same problems with relationships that Face of Boo already mentioned, just that they made it a little further along the way before they got found out. I read that most divorcees end up getting divorced again.

What Face of Boo now has to do, is wait until his 50s when perfectly good Women have been discarded by their selfish husbands, purely because they have grown so fat, ugly and generally disagreeable, that the husbands are disgusted by them and prefer to be alone, then the likes of us suddenly become attractive to Women who previously wouldn't have lowered themselves to even look at us.

That feel...
It doesn't feel good at all.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 4:46 pm

Sure, the people who are better at getting into relationships are probably already in them. On the rare occasions that someone tried to set me up with a "wonderful girl" my age my immediate question was: "if she's such a wonderful girl, why is she single?" That's not entirely a rhetorical question - even the most desirable people in the world are single at times - but it is a question.

spongy wrote:

Maybe I'm missing some context here, but I don't understand how that would be a problem.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 6:23 pm

FMX wrote:
spongy wrote:

Maybe I'm missing some context here, but I don't understand how that would be a problem.

Boo talks about how he isnt meeting anyone he is hitting it off with.

Desperate people dont need anyone to hit it off with, they just need someone to pay attention to them, therefore they have an easier time finding someone

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 1:11 am

So how to act more desperate and needy? :P

Goodbye for Boo....