Human 41%  41%  [ 14 ]
Defective Human 32%  32%  [ 11 ]
Humanoid 26%  26%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 34

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 5:57 am

Which is the closest to how you see yourself?

DX AS & both daughters on the autistic spectrum

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 6:46 am

I vote "other". We are not human. We are dancer.

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 6:49 am

:?:

You can dance as both a human and a non-human so what you said does not make sense.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 1:35 pm

Sorry, it was a reference of the Killers' song "are we human or are we dancer", pretty much a lame one but i hoped someone would catch it.

To my real answer, when I was DXed for quite awhile I felt like a stranger, like a humanoid. I thought about the DX every day, about how I'm different from other people if at all. When I got to know other aspies I realised that most of them have bigger struggles than me, and I'm pretty much a normal looking guy. No big oddities, I even consider myself very close to NT because I am a normal education high school graduate, have car's lisence and a job. Thing is, back then I had gone way too far with the exaggeration of "OMG, everyone is normal and I'm not". But some other aspies when I look at them and speak to them they can't be too far from NTs. Everyone has it differently.

How about you whilringmind?

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 3:41 pm

Chummy wrote:
it was a reference of the Killers' song "are we human or are we dancer", pretty much a lame one but i hoped someone would catch it.

I catched it.

BTW, I consider myself a human.
Because I'm born on planet Earth and my parents are human (at least their apprearance is that of a human). My appearance is also that of a human. So I guess I do am a human.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 3:58 pm

Humanoid.

Note my custom title. :P

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 4:14 pm

Human - not a separate species; not "humanoid"; not supernatural; not extraterrestrial; not Neanderthal; not defective.

HUMAN - No more and no less.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 6:33 pm

human bedeviled with defects which piss me off.

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 8:43 pm

Before I really took into consideration the possibility of me being on the autistic spectrum, I had deeply considered that I might be a mermaid, werewolf, or otherwise a semi-human being (actually, I still would not be terribly surprised if I were to turn into a wolf or be claimed by extra-terrestrials as one of their own).

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 8:47 pm

Human. Humans are extremely diverse; that diversity encompasses autism as well as many other things.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

CapriciousAgent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jul 2013, 9:48 pm

Can I say defective human in a good way?

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2013, 9:53 pm

Human. I am as flawed as any human and I am no humanoid. Where did the term "humanoid" come from?

whirlingmind
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 3:47 am

Chummy wrote:
Sorry, it was a reference of the Killers' song "are we human or are we dancer", pretty much a lame one but i hoped someone would catch it.

To my real answer, when I was DXed for quite awhile I felt like a stranger, like a humanoid. I thought about the DX every day, about how I'm different from other people if at all. When I got to know other aspies I realised that most of them have bigger struggles than me, and I'm pretty much a normal looking guy. No big oddities, I even consider myself very close to NT because I am a normal education high school graduate, have car's lisence and a job. Thing is, back then I had gone way too far with the exaggeration of "OMG, everyone is normal and I'm not". But some other aspies when I look at them and speak to them they can't be too far from NTs. Everyone has it differently.

How about you whilringmind?

I've heard of The Killers, vaguely, but I don't know their music. I might have heard something on the radio or something abd not thought about it.

Me? I chose humanoid. Because I feel so different to NT humans, and even though my issues cause me problems I don't feel they are defects. So humanoid feels the most correct, because I look like a human but inside I am far from the same as most other humans. I think humanoid also fits very well with the Wrong Planet theme.