Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ravenloft68
Raven
Raven

11 Jul 2013, 9:13 am

Hey all,
I'm having trouble finding a Neuro or clinical psychologist that specializes in adults. All I can seem to find are ones specializing in kids only. Am I missing something? If anyone happens to live in the Roanoke,VA area and knows of one, PM me the contact info if you have it. Thanks very much!!

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 12:50 pm

You may have more response if you post in General Autism Discussion, not sure how many people come here.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 2:55 am

Ask them. Even if they specialize in children, many of them may also be able and willing to diagnose adults. "Mine" is.

ravenloft68
Raven
Raven

15 Jul 2013, 3:23 pm

Jensen wrote:
Ask them. Even if they specialize in children, many of them may also be able and willing to diagnose adults. "Mine" is.

Ok, Thanks. I appreciate the advice.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 4:13 pm

The Commonwealth Autism Service in Virginia might be able to help you find someone in your area if you contact them and ask them if they know any practitioners who assess adults. They also have a list of assessment centers on their website, if you want to have a look through in case any of the ones where they assess adults are anywhere near where you live? (If you've already done this then I apologize for the useless advice since useless advice can be very annoying/frustrating.)

Love transcends all.

ravenloft68
Raven
Raven

17 Jul 2013, 1:32 pm

animalcrackers wrote:
The Commonwealth Autism Service in Virginia might be able to help you find someone in your area if you contact them and ask them if they know any practitioners who assess adults. They also have a list of assessment centers on their website, if you want to have a look through in case any of the ones where they assess adults are anywhere near where you live? (If you've already done this then I apologize for the useless advice since useless advice can be very annoying/frustrating.)

Thanks Very much, I'll check it out. :)