Older Aspies~ Feel like "bad vibe" to parents of y

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BydSarrett
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2013, 4:09 pm

KingdomOfRats wrote:
^putting it like that,being way better off due to being born after x year sounds pesamistic or resentful even if that was not the intention at all.
autistics who are children or teens now are not better off,they just have a better chance at getting their autism recognised and understood,theres been huge cuts in funding for all kinds of support so its a fight to get any.
speaking purely from a UK view,the autistic kids and teens of today;those who either need support now or when they have to leave home are pretty much screwed because even some profoundly autistic kids are being refused full time residential funding and part time respite funding,our place used to have a lot of kids in it but the kids wing is struggling to get contracts because of this muppetry from david cameron and his bunch of hooray henrys.
those with less needs but still IN need have been having their direct payments canceled,which leaves their parents having to be full time carers and the youngsters having no freedom or independance away from them wit

not sure getting diagnosed early and having early intervention is a good tradeoff for a life time of mental health or behavioral issues,and regressing due to poor support.

...You do have a point withthat,King,were I DX't in to-day's manner...Well,I would be less indeppentent I gues...Like homeless,untreated wound/infectio,& noreal poeseesions,as I have now? Yes.sir,Live Free Or Die 8)! !! !! !! !! !!

BydSarrett,
why not start writing a blog about the experiences have had from growing up to now? am sure a lot of us on wp and elsewhere woud be interested in it.

Chloe33
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2013, 5:55 pm

chris5000 wrote:
I think those that were born after 2000 are way better off I am part of the first gen of aspergers and did not receive much of help I was just more or less segregated from my peers

The ones born after 2000 and now get a ton of help.

Those of us who are Generation X, born in the 70s, or earlier got screwed out of help.
They just didn't have the knowledge back then.

Yet in 2000 yet were definitely better off i agree.

The 80s was useless.

It wasn't until latter parts of the 90s that i seen progress being made in my area.
It was either Classic Case or Nothing back then. Or they label you wrong

GregCav
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2013, 7:38 pm

I was hospitalised for a week in the Royal Brisbane Children’s Ward with chronic migraines. A week of brain scans and blood tests 4 times a day, they found nothing. Told my mother I was bunging it on and sent me home.

An iridologist found the problem within minutes. My small intestine muscles were functioning erratic and not pushing the food through. It was going rotten and poisoning my blood.

As for the topic at hand. I'm high functioning and largely invisible (Autisticly) to the community at large. I was self-diagnosed at 46 just last year.