Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 12:37 pm

I am to skinny at the moment (5'9 and 144 lbs). only 3 years ago I was 175 lbs. I think my anxiety has something to do with my weight.

How can I counter the effects anxiety has on my weight?

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 1:27 pm

I have serious difficulty keeping weight on. I've started drinking those nutritional shakes (like Ensure or Boost) once a day and that seems to help some. They are kind of pricy, so I just get the generic version.
Some health insurance providers cover them (if you have insurance), but you would have to go through your doctor. My doc just tells me that I need to eat more vegetables and fruit so that my metabolism can fix itself, so I'm on my own there.

rachel_519
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jul 2013, 3:25 pm

You're actually in the healthy weight range for your height, age, and gender. You don't need to worry about it unless you think you are not getting proper nutrition. Make sure you are eating balanced meals three times a day and take a multivitamin if you are worried about not getting enough of certain nutrients. Keep healthy snacks like nuts, whole grain crackers, dairy, veggies, fruit, and dark chocolate (to eat in moderation, of choose of course :) ) on hand for whenever you feel hungry or don't feel like fixing something for a meal. If you can't make yourself eat or find yourself still losing weight, you could try nutritional drinks like sonofghandi said.

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with anxiety. I have anxiety, too, and I hate it.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2013, 5:39 pm

Weren't you overweight 3 years ago? Unless the weight was all muscle.