how to talk to this girl i just met

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

gaminglad
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jul 2013, 4:36 pm

I went on a a retreat last week this girl that was in my small group wrote in my affirmation book she liked sitting next to me. We had similar personalities and are both quite shy . She lives a long distance away and I will only probably see her next year . How can I talk to her on Facebook? What should I say? How often should I speak to her without being desperate / annoying?

Jacosaur
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jul 2013, 1:17 am

Tell her you enjoyed her company as well. There is no harm in returning that feeling.

kembleman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jul 2013, 4:08 am

Jacosaur wrote:
Tell her you enjoyed her company as well. There is no harm in returning that feeling.

I agree if it goes well she may tell you how she felt sitting beside you and then will be more open to you about her opinoins.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 4:16 am

By speaking with her in your native language.

oppositedirection
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 7:46 am

Assuming you are facebook friends then leave it a few weeks then send her a message. You don't want to be too pushy and if you are not likely to see her again until next year then there is no reason to rush it. Leave it a few weeks, send her a message asking how she is, what she thought of the retreat and then say something conversational about yourself (i.e. something interesting that happened since you saw her about yourself). Friendly without being pushy and if she enjoyed your company then you should get a response.

'An ideal of total self-sufficiency. That secret smile may be the Buddha's but it is monstrous seen on a baby's face. To conquer craving is indeed to conquer pain, but humanity goes with it. That my autistic daughter wanted nothing was worst of all.' Park

gaminglad
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jul 2013, 12:48 pm

It'll be hard waiting that long I actually have feelings for the girl and its the first girl I've been attracted to for just their personality .

Erlonman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Jul 2013, 6:29 pm

oppositedirection wrote:
Assuming you are facebook friends then leave it a few weeks then send her a message. You don't want to be too pushy and if you are not likely to see her again until next year then there is no reason to rush it. Leave it a few weeks, send her a message asking how she is, what she thought of the retreat and then say something conversational about yourself (i.e. something interesting that happened since you saw her about yourself). Friendly without being pushy and if she enjoyed your company then you should get a response.

the girl
I agree with this. If it were a situation like the one that I am currently in (the girl I met lives barely a county away), I would recommend waiting about 2-3 days. How far away is a long ways away though?

That's Uncommon
After All

gaminglad
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2013, 1:12 am

London to swansea

sweetcakes
Raven
Raven

21 Jul 2013, 12:08 pm

2-3 weeks is def too long! I would feel the guy wasnt that into me and was letting me know in a polite way.....2-3 days is much better...it would make me think the guy likes me but isnt desperate. 1 day can even be OK, but then you have to be careful to keep your comment a bit brief. Being funny is always good- it keeps things light and fun....