Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 4:18 pm

Quote:
Middle England must listen to Tommy Robinson

Wake up and smell the jihad, kuffar.

I wrote a post last week called “Time to be honest about the English Defence League”, in which I expressed some frank views about the EDL and its leader Tommy Robinson, and since then I’ve been regretting it. Not because I was too honest but because I wasn’t honest enough.

I’ve spent quite a bit of time thinking about everything more carefully and I’ve watched a number of clips of Robinson on YouTube. In short I’ve been completely blown away by his bravery, his commitment, his intelligence and his integrity. I really think it’s about time everyone started taking him seriously for what he is, which is a political activist of the highest calibre.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 5:15 pm

Quote:
I’ve spent quite a bit of time thinking about everything more carefully and I’ve watched a number of clips of Robinson on YouTube. In short I’ve been completely blown away by his bravery, his commitment, his intelligence and his integrity.

Wait, is this the same Tommy Robinson who recently beat his chest about not having "read any books"? :lol:

The man is a carpet bagger, and not a particularly convincing one either.

My deviant art profile

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 3:22 am

thomas81 wrote:
Quote:
I’ve spent quite a bit of time thinking about everything more carefully and I’ve watched a number of clips of Robinson on YouTube. In short I’ve been completely blown away by his bravery, his commitment, his intelligence and his integrity.

Wait, is this the same Tommy Robinson who recently beat his chest about not having "read any books"? :lol:

The man is a carpet bagger, and not a particularly convincing one either.

You can be a very intelligent person without being a bookworm or even really without reading a book. I've met such people. There are different kinds of intelligence.

There are those that are extremely intelligent - geniuses, in fact - but know very little as regards to how to function in day to day life.

Then there are those that are extremely streetwise and very good operators indeed who rarely read, and perhaps might not even be able to read and write.

I understand the point that some try to make, but if Robinson was an Islamic scholar, regarded as an authority on the religion with many decades of study under his belt, people would still ignore him. Much as they do with Robert Spencer. (I don't always agree with Spencer, but his knowledge of the Quran is second to none.)

As for the article: I agree with parts of it and disagree with others. He's a brave man for doing what he does (the hassle and threats of violence he and his family receive must be immense). I wouldn't want to do his job.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 6:49 am

I don't get your tactic of posting these links without reference or making your own opinions on the subject known.

Maybe it's just a flame war?

As much as I dislike Cameron and his cronies, I don't feel that his and 'Robinson's' criminal records compare that well.

If you ignore 'Robinson's' politically motivated convictions he still has the following against his name(s):

Multiple assault convictions including on his partner, resisting arrest, football hooliganism, attempted fraud and traveling on false documents.
(2005 - 2010)

Do you trust this guy? :shrug:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 11:48 am

neilson_wheels wrote:
I don't get your tactic of posting these links without reference or making your own opinions on the subject known.

Maybe it's just a flame war?

As much as I dislike Cameron and his cronies, I don't feel that his and 'Robinson's' criminal records compare that well.

If you ignore 'Robinson's' politically motivated convictions he still has the following against his name(s):

Multiple assault convictions including on his partner, resisting arrest, football hooliganism, attempted fraud and traveling on false documents.
(2005 - 2010)

Do you trust this guy? :shrug:

Do you trust many of the politicians today that come from admittedly dodgy backgrounds? Like, for instance, Maajid Nawaz of Quilliam? Or Ed Husain (I'm not completely happy with him due to his comments on Hirsi Ali)? Or any number of Islamists (or perhaps even Christian fundamentalists) who have renounced hatred?

As for the false documents thing in particular - I mocked him for it. He got what he deserved.

If you can think of someone better who could lead the EDL (and would be willing to do it) with all their imperfections (and there are many), let us know.

As for the article: I think a lot of it's basically right, but it's written in a far too syrupy, sugary-sweet way that makes me nauseous. I commend Robinson's courage (I wouldn't think that even an Islamist deserves the treatment he has suffered) but I think I wish he was something that he was not. I broadly agree with his message, although I do not agree with some of the EDL's demands for censorship (like of the poppy burners).

I understand where Lennon's coming from, but I fear that his lack of knowledge of Islam - such that the likes of Ibn Warraq or Patricia Crone possesses - will not help him.

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 12:46 pm

Tequila wrote:
Do you trust (m)any of the politicians today..............?

No.

Quote:
Or any number of Islamists (or perhaps even Christian fundamentalists) who have renounced hatred?

No again.

Quote:
If you can think of someone better who could lead the EDL (and would be willing to do it) with all their imperfections (and there are many), let us know.

Sorry, I got nothing here either. :shrug: