Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

I haven't showered in a week, but now I'm going to do it.

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 1:20 pm

This is a good step to take for your health and your eventual comfort; if showering is painful and/or difficult for you, then good luck and congratulations!

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 1:32 pm

I usually have a bath once or twice a week, more if it's a hot time of year.

My NT brother bathes less often than I do, and although I don't want to hurt his feelings, he often reeks.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 1:38 pm

Just finished. That was exhausting and my chest is tight, for some reason. Well, I'm done and I've gotta go to work or if I let that go bad things can happen.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 2:41 pm

OK, I'm feeling somewhat better, which is the benefit of being clean, I guess.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 3:55 pm

Ugh, now I feel spacey and sleepy. Like I just wanna go home and go to bed, but I've got work for another 6 hours yet (not counting the lunch). I gotta stay at work to maintain my apartment and to be able to pay off my bills.

Forkliftoperator
Raven
Raven

18 Jul 2013, 7:15 pm

Once a day, and sometimes twice a day if it is hot and humid. I like feeling clean.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 7:30 pm

just vacuuming the floor leaves me dripping with sweat so sometimes I must shower twice a day. :oops:

PerfectlyDarkTails
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 7:56 pm

I don't bathe often, I find the experience rather does take all my energy rather than being it rejuvenating, I do it twice a week, once a week if sensory issues are bad.. Even brushing teeth often is rather uncomfortable, its worse with manual yet not as bad with automatic. :?

AS 168/200, NT: 20/ 200, AQ=45 EQ=15, SQ=78, IQ=135

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 10:11 pm

I hate having a shower, but I have one every day. If not, then I feel sticky and uncomfortable, which ruins everything enjoyable.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 10:28 pm

PerfectlyDarkTails wrote:
I don't bathe often, I find the experience rather does take all my energy rather than being it rejuvenating, I do it twice a week, once a week if sensory issues are bad.. Even brushing teeth often is rather uncomfortable, its worse with manual yet not as bad with automatic. :?

I think sensory issues discourage me too. As well, having to go through all those steps.

Brushing teeth isn't so bad for me, but flossing is.

Jabberwokky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jul 2013, 2:00 am

I love the feeling of grunge after multiple days of non-hygiene, but I won't elaborate on that. I then also love the felling of hot high pressure water pounding my skin and the warm effusive feeling when putting on crispy clean clothes. Thus, I either look like total krap or very suave.

ibookfan92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2013, 12:44 am

When I read of the stories of geeks... I really begin to think I fit these stories. :-) I can work on something until 2 or 3 in the morning on a project, not shower for two days, then end up showering when it's all done. But otherwise, outside that, I hate being dirty or anything that I have being dirty or contaminated), and so I'm actually quite clean otherwise. To be honest, I do hate taking showers though, but I know that if I don't, the smells that come from me and my clothes (I'm one of those guys that wears the same shirt for days) motivate me to take a shower! :-)

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

beneficii wrote:
I haven't showered in a week, but now I'm going to do it.

Good. Like the other poster said if it is painful or hard for you to shower I want you to know that I support you in your decision to do it. That is really great. Definitely something you can feel good about and even proud of.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 1:14 pm

Ettina wrote:
I usually have a bath once or twice a week, more if it's a hot time of year.

My NT brother bathes less often than I do, and although I don't want to hurt his feelings, he often reeks.

I would tell him. It's better if it hurts his feelings a little than for him to reek. Other people may not treat him nicely if he stinks and if he does he needs to wash and remove the bad bacteria that is causing it or he could possibly develop health issues with that.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 1:15 pm

beneficii wrote:
Just finished. That was exhausting and my chest is tight, for some reason. Well, I'm done and I've gotta go to work or if I let that go bad things can happen.

AWESOME!! Good job, I'm proud of you. It might get easier if you do it more. Hopefully it will. It should get less exhausting anyway. I am glad to hear it went well.