Post a paragraph (or two, or three......) about yourself!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

18 Jul 2013, 9:52 pm

One of my favorite things to do to people on this site is to have them talk a little about themselves. It can be an intro to yourself, or not. But the aim of this thread is to post about yourself to people in a few paragraphs. Here we go......
-----
My name's Johnny. I am a Seattle-area guy (although I am an L.A. guy in my mind), who is 26 years old. I recently graduated from college, and what words best describe me? Idealistic. Jack of all trades. Enyclopedic. Funny. And amazing. I am a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to things I like: Sports, anime, 1980s pop culture (and music), comedy, game shows, My Little Pony, food, to name a few things.

Since 2004/5, I've owned a nice-sized collection of sports jerseys and baseball caps; I love them because to me, it's a collection you can wear. I usually wear them when I go out (the caps, usually. The jerseys I will almost always wear at a sporting event or an anime convention.) They are a sign that sports and me = inextricable parts of my life. I mean, there's one baby picture of me wearing a baseball shirt; so those two go back a ways!

Ever since 2006, I have been an anime con-goer. SakuraCon is my home con, but I have since branched out to other cons, even as far away as Anime Expo in Los Angeles. By going there, I am fulfilling the "LA" part of my handle. I love it. In the seven years I have gone, I've seen many fandoms come in, most notably the My Little Pony fandom, and I embrace them with open arms (unlike, however, no offense to those who like it, Homestuck [ugh].)

What do I want to do? I want to really showcase my creativity in the advertising field. I mean, I am doing that right now, with a few artwork commissions at anime cons with people advertising certain things (like sports teams, food, et al.)

That, pretty much is me, Johnny.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 2:31 pm

Anybody?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 5:09 am

My name is Alexandra, but I prefer to go by Alex. I'm 22 years old and have lived in Idaho my entire life.

Other people tend to describe me as very intelligent and I make friends easily (maintaining those friendships is another story!) I am very emotional and sensitive, prone to overreacting to things and constantly worrying about things that shouldn't be a big deal. I am frequently told that I have a childlike quality about me, and was even described as "whimsical" once. I have a unique sense of humor, so unique that I am frequently the only person who "gets" my own jokes (which is why I would fail miserably as a stand-up comedian!)

My hobbies are drawing, sewing (I love making plush toys), running and swimming.

I still have imaginary friends even at my age, which is something that I'm not ashamed to say. In fact, I actually take pride in it and encourage people all over the internet who have imaginary friends to embrace it, because it is a gift. I suppose you could say that the experience of having imaginary friends is my biggest special interest. It always has been and probably always will be. :D

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 11:53 am

I don't really give out my real name so please just call me Zero. I am 20 years old. I am aiming to work with elementary school students in the future. My favorite stone is Emerald. I listen to a lot of music. My music taste is based on the songs not the artist, but I do love The Birthday Massacre and Arcade Fire. "Suburban War" by Arcade Fire is my all time favorite song. I love shopping. I will wear something even if it's terribly uncomfortable. I am plus sized and have managed to stay certain clothing size for quite some time now. I recently had cosmetic surgery to help with my back problems and not only did it help with that, but my happiness with how I look is complete. I will shop anywhere that carries my size.

I love video games. I will play any genre. Pokemon, Lollipop Chainsaw, Nintendogs, Call of Duty, Darkstalkers, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive have to be some of my favorites, but I love a lot more games than the ones I mentioned. I dress in a variety of different ways. One day I could be wearing black skinny jeans, a Ramones shirt and T.U.K. boots with skulls and then the next day I'm wear a pink plaid top and a denim skirt. I think incubi and succubi are super cool. I like to read, but am currently working on a novel that I am possibly taking a hiatus from until NaNoWriMo. I have to cats that I absolutely adore. My favorite colors in order are purple, pink, black, silver and yellow. Deapool is my favorite Marvel character and Wonder Woman is my favorite DC Comics character. My favorite Anime is Black Butler. Drawing is fun, but I'm not very good at it.

Basically, I am who I am. I diet and love looking nice, but I also have hobbies. I really have nothing else to say. So if you ever want to get to know me I'm always open to a conversation. My favorite movie is "Cabin Boy" because I love comedy. I may live in rural area, but I'm a city girl all the way! :D

-Zero

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 2:11 pm

My name is Jennifer and I am 25 years old. I was actually born in Portland, Maine, but when I was 10, my parents divorced, and I moved with my mother to Olmsted Falls, Ohio. When I was in high school, I got straight A's in every subject; my two best subjects in school are math and science. I went to vocational school, where I majored in Digital Imaging. I currently work at a medical insurance company where I do computer work and file paperwork.

I loved cats since I was very little. I currently have a 10-year-old black cat named Cyber Kitty (which is a weird name for a cat, I know). My room is also filled with cat figurines and cat books. I also enjoy playing video games. My favorites include Mario, Sonic, and Pokémon. My other hobbies include reading, drawing, and exercising. I enjoy reading mainly non-fiction, mostly about animals and trivia books.

I like watching mainly sitcoms on television. My favorite TV shows include The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men. I like movies that are comedies, and I like any movie that has Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, and Jim Carrey. My favorite kind of music is pretty much anything from the 70s and 80s. My favorite music artists are Queen, Journey, Styx, Heart, Rush, REO Speedwagon, and the Eagles, just to name a few.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 1:43 pm

Go on, everyone has a story to share. :)

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2013, 11:33 pm

I came to the U.S. when I was 12.

I was bullied in my own country and in the new world.

I went through a lot of trials and tribulations and now I'm just trying to hang on.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 11:17 pm

You can call me LonelyJar. I'm an American with a B.S. in Math, and I plan on becoming a tutor soon. I'm not sure what I ultimately want to do with my life, but tutoring sounds like a good place to start. My main interests include math and fictional media. I don't have any friends in real life, which is one reason I joined WrongPlanet in the first place; another reason was to help build up my self-esteem because I believe that with confidence comes competence.