Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Devious
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jul 2013, 2:35 am

I'm a huge anime fan if you're too what's your favorite?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 3:41 am

I am indeed a huge anime fan, we have another thread bellow also.

My favourite? Well that would probably be Kanon 2006, it opened a whole new genre to me in show what anime can really do.

My current favourite I am watching is WataMote, an anime about a socially awkward girl with no friend and who can barely talk to anyone decides to try and make herself popular, although her problems run deeper than she can actually perceive it. The thing is that I really connect with the character as she remind me of myself, probably a little too much, I would swear that she has Asperger's syndrome also.

Here is the OP, which is strangely rock like despite her timid personality.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAIAXFQ0T74[/youtube]
The first ED, which shows more of her actual habits:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6II2b2Fe6RM[/youtube]
And the second ED, which is kind of funny/sad when you know the events that lead up to it, although it does make me a little scared to find out what the lyrics are.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZejD2uCYtc[/youtube]

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2013, 3:56 am

I love anime. It's been one of my interests ever since I was about 8 years old.

If I had to pick a favorite anime, it'd be Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The concept, themes, characters and even the music all continue to haunt me even though I watched and finished it a couple of years ago.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is another favorite of mine, which only makes sense considering that it and Madoka are very similar in that they are both very dark, very mature spins on popular themes in children's anime.

Devious
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jul 2013, 10:26 am

My favorites in anime include One Piece, Inuyasha, Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, Naruto, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, etc etc

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jul 2013, 4:50 pm

Tenchi is one of the best animes ever made. Light funny and lots of wtf!

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

20 Jul 2013, 6:39 pm

I just recently finished Chobits and Jyu-Oh-Sei. Some of my favorites include InuYasha, Hetalia (Axis Powers, World Series, and Beautiful World), Fullmetal Alchemist (original and Brotherhood), One Piece, Gurren Lagaan, Angel Beats, Blood+, Elfen Lied (german for "Song of Leaves"), D. Gray-Man, Kuroshitsuji, and many more I can't seem to think of.

Tazweteq
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2013, 6:51 am

I'm having trouble getting back into anime(I used to love it) whats a good anime you can recommend me?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 8:39 am

Tazweteq wrote:
I'm having trouble getting back into anime(I used to love it) whats a good anime you can recommend me?

I could say so much, I could just go to my folder and pick out so many titles, but it would turn into something that would bore you and likely that many that would not interest. I would probably require some sort of criteria of what you might be interested in, and whether you would prefer to watch something subtitled or dubbed.

But for general interest in something pretty new that is good, I might recommend Puella Magi Madoka Magica, I saw a particularly good review of the series by episode lately and it made me appreciate the series even more as something that might be good for people who might not even be big in general anime fans.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 6:16 pm

Blood+
RahXephon
Azumanga Dioh
Zoids
Mai Hime/Otome

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Bitoku
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jul 2013, 5:51 pm

The new JoJo's Bizarre Adventure anime is an absolute must-see for every anime fan. Download it here.
If you've somehow never heard of it, here's some info from wiki...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is currently Shueisha's second longest running manga series with 108 tankōbon volumes and counting (only Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen-mae Hashutsujo, with over 170, has more). It was previously the longest manga not to have a TV anime adaptation. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure has sold over 70 million copies in Japan alone. IGN named the series a "must read", declaring the artwork of "a standard virtually unseen in most manga produced today". For the 10th anniversary of the Japan Media Arts Festival in 2006, Japanese fans voted JoJo's Bizarre Adventure second on a list of the Top 10 Manga of all time. The JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga has sold over 70 million copies in Japan alone and has spawned a large media franchise that includes several novelizations and video games, action figures, a jewelry line titled Passione, and even snack foods.
The story of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure centers around the misadventures of the Joestars, a powerful family with English roots. Each member of the bloodline has a star shaped birthmark above their left shoulder blade. The series spans several generations, with each part featuring a descendant of the Joestars as the main protagonist along with a large cast of characters. The series' title is a reference to the fact that each part's main character's name can be read as JoJo. A nickname derived by putting together the letters "J" and "O" from their first and last names.

BlankCanvas
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2013, 1:18 am

"Good" is rather subjective - why not try and find out what the person's particular tastes are and then recommend some titles? It's a rather dangerous presumption to assume that because someone's trying to get into anime, they're going to automatically like surreal comedy...

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2013, 9:46 am

As far as emotional animes, anything that comes out of Visual Arts/Key. Air was my first. It took me a little to get into it at first, but I loved it and the ending...makes me cry every time!

Fantasy: Fullmetal Alchemist and I think I like the original anime more than the later one that was closer to the manga. Slayers will always have a place in my heart for fantasy, too. Inuyasha

Comedy: I'm trying to see ALL of Ranma 1/2. I just need to get the OVAs and movies now. I have a huge stack of Ranma DVDs that I'm still getting through. Azumanga Daioh was a funny one.

Violent/horror themed: Elfen Lied because it shows the dark side of humanity and it's good side and it's kinda hard hitting in spots. These kids are like always picking on Lucy as a kid, but she doesn't respond till they kill her dog...that scene was messed up as heck. Then there's Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. My brother sends me this link to a youtube opener of episode 5 where this girl is leaning on the wall and she has this knife against it and she's like repeatedly bumping her neck into the knife and the other girl starts laughing like a maniac. There were a whole bunch of scenes and stories in it that were messed up.

SciFi: Steins;Gate

Movies: Miyazaki films. Akira.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 9:56 am

Darialan wrote:
As far as emotional animes, anything that comes out of Visual Arts/Key. Air was my first. It took me a little to get into it at first, but I loved it and the ending...makes me cry every time!

Have you seen Little Busters? Personally I would call it one of the biggest failures to come out of Key, it had its moments, but it did not match any of the other shows done, well maybe one of those really bad adaptions that no one talks about. I would not call it bad, but I ended up having really high expectations that I think even a large animation Company like J.C. Staff could not live up to.

I think a good part of it is that KyoAni are big part of success, they did a really good job of Chuunibyou, which is where my signature comes from.

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2013, 9:58 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Darialan wrote:

Have you seen Little Busters? Personally I would call it one of the biggest failures to come out of Key, it had its moments, but it did not match any of the other shows done, well maybe one of those really bad adaptions that no one talks about. I would not call it bad, but I ended up having really high expectations that I think even a large animation Company like J.C. Staff could not live up to.

I think a good part of it is that KyoAni are big part of success, they did a really good job of Chuunibyou, which is where my signature comes from.
I saw Little Busters. I liked it, but it's nowhere near as good as any of their others. But there is a second season coming and I'm hoping that will be better.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 10:56 pm

I love InuYasha, Dragon Ball ( all 3 ), Naruto, Sonic X, the first couple seasons of Pokemon, Escaflowne, G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam SeeD, Gundam 00, Witch Hunter Robin, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist ( especially Brotherhood ), Sailor Moon, Supernatural, Transformers Armada, F-Zero, .Hack ( except GU Trilogy...that shtako made no sense ), Zoids, Outlaw Star and Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

I'm also a huge tokusatsu fan ( Super Sentai/Power Rangers, Kamen Rider... ). I recommend Gokaiger, Shinkenger, Go-Buster, Dekaranger, Kamen Rider Decade, Kamen Rider Den-O, Kamen Rider Kiva and Kamen Rider W.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 12:06 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
I'm also a huge tokusatsu fan ( Super Sentai/Power Rangers, Kamen Rider... ). I recommend Gokaiger, Shinkenger, Go-Buster, Dekaranger, Kamen Rider Decade, Kamen Rider Den-O, Kamen Rider Kiva and Kamen Rider W.

If you like Kamen Rider, I wonder if you have seen an anime series called Haiyore Nyaruko-san? It is a parody anime that makes various references to various pop culture, but it liked to do references to Kamen Rider almost as much as it liked to do references to Lovecraft, which is the actual premise of the show. I hear that the second season (named "W" after "Kamen Rider W") actually has various references in its opening song alone.
Haiyore Nyaruko-san W

For those of you not familiar, Haiyore Nyaruko-san is about Eldritch abominations from the Chulhu mythos like Nyarlathotep, Cthugha, Hastur, and Cthulhu, taking on human guises.