Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Learner
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2007, 12:01 am

I don't know if others have a need for this thread, but I always think of lyrics to songs and can't remember the title or the artist. Google usually can help but sometimes not. Heres the song I can't think of. Its a guy giving advice and he's not singing but theres music to it. He mentions living in california for a year but not longer or you'll get too soft. He also mentions living in new york for a year but not longer or you'll get too hard. It is kind of like the song by PF Project f/ Ewan McGregor from trainspoting. If you know the song I'm talking about please help.

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2007, 12:51 am

the one i'm thinking of that rings a bell, is not a song, but a narrative (but with music in the background)..it came out in '99 and was called "Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)" by a Mr. 'Baz Luhrmann'.. i hope that answers your question.. i can't really copy the words here, but here's the URL for lyrics..

http://www.lyricscrawler.com/song/3953.html

Learner
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2007, 11:01 pm

Thats it. Thanks. Everything is temporarily in its place.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2007, 2:25 am

Kind of reminds me of a really great James Taylor song "Hey Mister, That's Me Up On the Jukebox" :

Southern California
That's as blue as a boy can be
Blue as the deep blue sea
Want you listen to me now?
I need your golden gated cities
Like a hole in the head
Just like a hole in the head, I'm free

...just thought I'd post that...

YOu should try getting your hands on a copy of that song.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2007, 3:17 am

There's this song I saw on TV once with people drumming and they drum all through the streets and that. I have no idea what the song is though!