Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 2:40 pm

A few days ago, I started thinking about some of the questions that my therapist had asked me. I didn't like them, but I realized I'm asked similar questions on this website. I thought it was because I was more comfortable to talk to other autistic people about it, but I got this crazy idea that therapists use this site for resource. Then why don't they understand us as we do ourselves?

NOTE: This is only a theory. I do not have any contextual or evidence based on such.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2013, 2:46 pm

BeggingTurtle wrote:
A few days ago, I started thinking about some of the questions that my therapist had asked me. I didn't like them, but I realized I'm asked similar questions on this website. I thought it was because I was more comfortable to talk to other autistic people about it, but I got this crazy idea that therapists use this site for resource. Then why don't they understand us as we do ourselves?

NOTE: This is only a theory. I do not have any contextual or evidence based on such.

If a therapist used this site as a resource I would recommend therapy for them because they are not thinking clearly (or clearly not thinking).

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2013, 9:00 pm

I think the best therapists for mental health are those that have mental health problems themselves so that they are more understanding because they can relate.

savvyidentity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jul 2013, 4:23 am

Kaelynn wrote:
I think the best therapists for mental health are those that have mental health problems themselves so that they are more understanding because they can relate.

I know someone who was doing a course in psychology and they said that they were made to take therapy as part of the course as apparently people working in psychology usually have a lot of issues.