Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

jreyn0lds
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jul 2013, 11:39 am

I'm overweight, I know - I have a really low metabolism. I just feel so depressed. Like, I understand typical issues like isolation and everything...but it seems like people hate me before they even know me...or speak to me...or see me. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired. I can't seem to control anything...I just sit here all day every day...bored out of my mind watching films that I've seen twice before and playing games that I'm no good at getting all upset and depressed because some b***h doesn't like me. It's so draining, just being alive...it's just so tiring. It literally feels like I hate everything.

ECJ
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jul 2013, 4:01 pm

I'm fed up of being sick and tired too. I'm experiencing horrible withdrawal symptoms from SSRIs. I find being alive draining too.

I try to keep positive by telling myself "all things change," and focussing on little things that I can do - like go for walks, or knit or think about what I'm going to do when I'm well again.

What are your dreams? Can you break them down into small steps to achieve them?
What do you enjoy doing? Can you do more of it?

Not sure if that helps.

StandProud
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2013, 5:38 pm

In the same situation of being over tired, got a lot of weight to loose and altho i do what i can to loose it in a healthy way, it go up at the place of down. So i've enrolled myself in a nutrition class for this fall, and talked about that with a therapist that told me it could be miss managed anger. So got myslef on the waiting list for anger management therapy, don't know how it will turn out but if someone dare to tell me to move more i will ask them to try to fallow me on my job and daily activity. Most cannot keep up with me for more than a hour or so, i crash down for the week end tho and could pass all that time sleeping or barely able to move.
One thing i did noticed tho the more exausted i get the harder to read my own feeling and emotion.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 Jul 2013, 5:57 pm

Have you talked to a doc about your low metabolism & depression. I'm wondering if it could be clinical depression. Clinical depression can affect metabolism, make you tired, be less active, make you want to eat more & more unhealthy. If that's the cause an antidepressant might help; a coupe in the SSRI class are regularly used for that as well as Wellbutrin/Bupropion.
If your depression is just due to your weight related things addressing your weight should be top priority. A doc could advise you on better eating & an exercise program; poor diet & lack of activity can make you tired & cause metabolism to be slower. A doc may also find a medical reason for your metabolism being slow & you being tired & if not he/she could prescribe you a stimulant which would increase your energy & metabolism & make you less tired.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

turtleoverhare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Aug 2013, 3:44 am

IM ripped I'm a bodybuilder but you know what I feel like you, as if people hate me before they know me and as soon as they meet me and stuff like that, I've learnt to just be content with myself and enjoy my own company.