Do you build more houses than play the game on Sims 2?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 11:40 am

I have the Sims 2 and I think I hoard on it. Nearly every day I think of another new family to create and a new house to build for them, then after I have built a house and put the family in, I quickly lose interest, and I build another new family and build another new house the next day. But I don't like to delete the families or houses because I might want to play them later, although I never do go back to them.

I wish I could just stick to one family in one house. Does anyone else think up loads of new families and houses to build then quickly lose interest?

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 12:33 pm

Lol I used to play video games in very weird ways too, because I realized I grew out of them all but felt too nostalgic and stubborn to acknowledge it and that backfired on me until I finally got off my high horse and gave up.

I vaguely remember playing the sims when it came out, despite of that I enjoyed it back then, I never developed further interest in it for some reason.

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 2:15 pm

I have played both the Sims 2 and the Sims 3; I would spend hours making my families and houses, and, yet, become quickly bored with the game itself. Then again, this may not be atypical for the Sims series; many players play the game primarily for customization and film-making, as is evidence by the popularity of the modthesims website. The characters and families quickly become points of inspiration for my literary endeavors; I create characters, think of a life story for them, and then am more inclined to daydream and write the story than try to act it out on the Sims.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 4:06 pm

My brother used to point out that I spent more time creating characters and designing houses in the Sims 2 than actually playing the game. Whenever I did play the game, I would always design the characters after my favorite ones from fiction, and give them all a Family aspiration and make them have a bunch of kids with each other. A big part of the appeal of this was my lifelong fascination with pregnancy and birth, but another aspect I enjoyed was simply seeing what my favorite characters' children would be like if they'd had any (what they'd look like, what their personalities would be, etc.)

The Sims 2 was my favorite because a lot (if not most) of my favorite pairings between fictional characters are same-sex, and there were easily-implemented cheat codes which allowed same-sex couples to have biological children. In the Sims 3, I was disappointed to find that you have to install mods in order for this to become possible, not to mention the fact that installing the Sims 3 on my computer makes it run slow as hell. I wish I had taken better care of my Sims 2 disk, because it was all scratched up and wouldn't run on my computer even when I tried cleaning it off. :(

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 4:05 am

I did buy the Sims 3 and had a go on it, but I didn't get on with it so well. It was all new stuff to learn, the only thing I liked about it was more personalities and more choice of clothing and the colours, and you can make them really fat or really thin.

But I am very nostalgic, I prefer to stick to the Sims 2. But I just wish I could make up my mind of what houses and families to keep to. I seem to have a bit of a fascination with families with lots of children (being so I only grew up with one older brother so I wasn't brought up with lots of brothers and sisters). Obviously I use the cheats. But the only thing I can't do with the children and toddlers is put them out in the garden to play, because I have the seasons pack and their temperature goes down very quick and if you're not quick enough a social worker comes and takes them away. There doesn't seem to be a cheat for temperature, even with the boolprop testingcheatsenabled true cheat (which I always use).