Page 4 of 4 [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

DVCal
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 3:12 am

Sadly it is doubtful Facebook will remove it.

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2013, 6:28 am

DVCal wrote:

Yeah I don't have a lot of faith in facelessbook :(

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

OlivG
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2013, 7:34 am

Quote:
there needs to be an island just for Autistic where they all get proper care and schooling, but none of us have to deal with them

Good idea. Coincidentally I had a fantasy about a technocratic island dictatorship of Aspergia. With mechas. And a leader like Mr. House from the Fallout New Vegas.

We would need neurotypicals though. They can function well in customer service and other social labor, while the autistics are in the academia, accounting and other white collar jobs.

Triple__B
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2013, 8:54 am

grahamguitarman wrote:
DVCal wrote:

Yeah I don't have a lot of faith in facelessbook :(

I reported it for hate speech against a disability because that was the closest match for reasons. Facebook replied that they saw nothing wrong with it.

Now on the other hand, badmouth the POTUS, and whoaaa, take it down immediately!

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 29 of 200
Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles. ~ Charles Chaplin

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 9:12 am

Don't see how it has anything to do with autism. Just some kids wasting away their time trolling.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 10:58 am

Ah, whatever.

ChristinaTheHobbit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jul 2013, 1:25 pm

It would appear that the Facebook page is gone! I guess people reporting it did work. Though I bet there will be a new one (probably by the same people) soon. Oh well...

AAA- The androgynous and asexual autist

Marylandman889
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2013, 4:48 pm

I'm glad it's gone now. It was a classic case of people with the idea that goes like : "Oh! Autism! People have been raising so much awareness in our society! I'm sick of hearing it!". Then, they go and attempt to troll thinking they're so high and mighty by not conforming helping autistic people. Seen it happen before. Sickening. Sickening indeed. Don't deserve to live. :evil:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 8:46 pm

The troll inspired facebook page has been taken down...nothing to see here folks

DVCal
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2013, 10:07 pm

Glad it was removed. Got a message saying, they reviewed it per my request, and decided it was hate speech. Glad I was wrong about FB.

ChristinaTheHobbit

23 Jul 2013, 10:41 am

DVCal wrote:
Glad it was removed. Got a message saying, they reviewed it per my request, and decided it was hate speech. Glad I was wrong about FB.

That's good. All of the stuff I reported came back as "did not find hate speech" and yesterday it was changed to "since it violated our Community Standards, we removed it." Glad it's gone though, even if it was just a troll looking for attention, it could have proved harmful to an already bad stereotype of autistic individuals.

AAA- The androgynous and asexual autist

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2013, 12:37 pm

Yeah I'm glad its gone too. They may have been idiotic teenage trolls, posting sick attempts at humour. But these sort of things attract much scarier people who are not just messing around for 'laughs'. And anything like this can implant the seeds of negative thought in the less intelligent members of society.

I have Autism. My communication difficulties mean that I sometimes get words wrong, that what I mean is not what comes out.

grahamguitarman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2013, 1:07 pm

Yeah I'm glad its gone too. They may have been idiotic teenage trolls, posting sick attempts at humour. But these sort of things attract much scarier people who are not just messing around for 'laughs'. And anything like this can implant the seeds of negative thought in the less intelligent members of society.