Page 3 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2015, 10:31 pm

I remember the very end of it, I was born in 94 and have some memory of 98 onward, it was just an okay decade from the little I saw at the end, no better or worse than the 00's and the current decade. Might have been better if I'd been old enough to appreciate the more teenage elements of the decade. VHS was on fire at that time though and disney was still making good movies, they were in their renaissance actually I believe. :) I wont dis on the 00's though, because the LOTR trilogy came out and the first half wasn't terrible for me.

And yes I do remember Surge

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 4:11 am

I don't know whether it's memories of people a child that I liked about the 90s, or the 90s themselves. I wasn't too focused on world events.

VHS and cassette ruled the media market. I'm told I watched Disney VHSs religiously.
One of my friends had a Gameboy.
Dial-up, single line internet.
DOS games.
Dinosaurs seemed to be the big thing (at least for me).
There was a solar eclipse, and I had the official cardboard glasses. It was cloudy, of course.
Nylon cardigans (which I was not please about).
Bikes were the thing. If you wanted to play with a friend, you biked to to house or checked the local park.
Tiny screened (in comparison to today) CRT TVs.

But that's what I remember from suburban 90s England.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 11:05 am

First Generation Pokemon, which was also the only generation for me, because when I was 6 my parents banned pokemon. Ugh, why, we had so many first gen trading cards and Pokemon Yellow. I think I still have our old Gameboy color's stashed away somewhere.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2015, 11:31 am

MisterSpock wrote:

I'm told I watched Disney VHSs religiously.

I did too!