Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Chihero
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jan 2007, 6:35 pm

I have idenified four Aspergians other than myself, who are, to the best of my knowledge, undiagnosed; all of them are male.
The first, at thirteen years of age, has a university professor level of knowledge about World War Two, has a flat affect, has trouble with social interactions, and occasionally has a sensory/social overload.
The second has a flat affect, speaks very slowly, has an extremely low level of understanding about social interactions, and tends to sit in a fetal position.
The third, at fourteen years of age, is obsessed with hockey, lacks common sense and understanding of social conventions. When his cummunity service elective, to which he was asigned because he was overwhelmed by the sign-up sheet, visited a food pantry, he said that he wanted to become a homeless person so that he could eat all the food there, and that his mom feeds him rice for dinner each night. For the record, his family does eat rice each night, but his mother also serves generous portions of meat and vegetables.
The fourth has a flat affect, does not understand social interactions, and therefore reads books or uses one of the computers in the library instead of socializing.
Do you think that all of these diagnoses are correct, some of them, or none of them? Please give your reasons.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2007, 6:54 pm

Flat Affect? Frankly, you don't give enough info t make me believe ANY have AS.

Steve

calibaby
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jan 2007, 7:11 pm

what is flat affect?

Chihero
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jan 2007, 7:16 pm

calibaby wrote:
what is flat affect?

To have a flat affect means that one does not make changes to ones tone and pitch while talking.

Young_fogey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jan 2007, 7:29 am

I think all four very likely are on the autistic spectrum. The first and possibly the fourth ones probably have AS.