Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 5:15 pm

I got breast reduction on June 3rd and was brought down to a 44C. today I went to reach for something and now my side is sore. I am freaking out right now and am very scared that I have an infection and will have to be brought down to an A or B cup or have my boobs removed completely. Appearances run my life! I am a very vain person and am building a wardrobe right now. I have to have a massive amount of clothes to feel confident.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 5:23 pm

Well, you should see the doctor immediately, but pretty sure they don't amputate things unless it's something like a gangrene. A lot of infections are still cleared up with antibiotics.

I'm not a doctor, though. And don't take antibiotics without a doctor's approval.

benh72
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2013, 6:54 pm

Yep, get to the doctor, they'll be more experienced, have better perspective and be able to tell you what to do.
Most likely nothing to worry about, but if it is, a doctor can set you right.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 7:06 pm

Not a doctor here either but I'd think you might have simply pulled on a muscle that was still tender. While you might have felt ok otherwise, you may have moved in just the right way to cause the pain. It may or may not be related to the surgery. I'd see a doctor if it's still hurting tomorrow, and I'd see one tonight if it's hurting very badly.

I wouldn't let myself get worked up over it though, yet. Residual pain is very common even months later, depending on the surgery. I would think if it was an infection or some problem from the surgery, you would have been having pain already. This was probably just moving wrong and a little muscle pain, which may be more tender now because of the surgery.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 7:11 pm

My mom looked. She says that I do not have an infection. I am fine :D

The only thing I have to worry about now is back to school shopping.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 8:40 pm

thank god for small favors :) IOW "phew!" :)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 6:35 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Not a doctor here either but I'd think you might have simply pulled on a muscle that was still tender. While you might have felt ok otherwise, you may have moved in just the right way to cause the pain. It may or may not be related to the surgery. I'd see a doctor if it's still hurting tomorrow, and I'd see one tonight if it's hurting very badly.

I wouldn't let myself get worked up over it though, yet. Residual pain is very common even months later, depending on the surgery. I would think if it was an infection or some problem from the surgery, you would have been having pain already. This was probably just moving wrong and a little muscle pain, which may be more tender now because of the surgery.

I'm very happy with my results from the surgery. Since I got my surgery on the 3rd of June I've been a lot more confident and truly deep within my heart feel attractive :D

I have to wear a guy's shirt today because the after surgery bras have very thick straps and my basic t-shirt that I wear underneath aren't clean :(