Page 6 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 3:08 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
if you don't mind, what did you do to warrant that?

Didn't do the work, skipping school, rude to teachers, smoking,.... On top of that there were rumors about me killing someone so all of the other students were afraid of me, and probably some teachers and other staff. I don't even know how that sh** got started. I'm sure they would have kicked me out sooner if they could have. I just hated school. I felt like I was in a prison in some foreign country. I was locked up with a bunch of people who didn't like me and I didn't care for them much either.

hopefully you are in a better place now.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 3:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
if you don't mind, what did you do to warrant that?

Didn't do the work, skipping school, rude to teachers, smoking,.... On top of that there were rumors about me killing someone so all of the other students were afraid of me, and probably some teachers and other staff. I don't even know how that sh** got started. I'm sure they would have kicked me out sooner if they could have. I just hated school. I felt like I was in a prison in some foreign country. I was locked up with a bunch of people who didn't like me and I didn't care for them much either.

hopefully you are in a better place now.

Thanks. Now I'm trying to finish college. I have a 3.8 GPA but I've dropped a lot of classes because of sensory s**t and stress. I guess that's some improvement at least.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 3:59 pm

Rascal77s wrote:
Thanks. Now I'm trying to finish college. I have a 3.8 GPA but I've dropped a lot of classes because of sensory sh** and stress. I guess that's some improvement at least.

3.8? wow :o that is better than I've ever done, I sorta muddled my way through high school, could not finish college. I didn't know what I was even doing there in the first place. now 30 year later nothing has improved. :oops: but at least I can say I am a graduate of the school of hard knocks. :)

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 4:34 pm

auntblabby wrote:
but at least I can say I am a graduate of the school of hard knocks. :)

Yeah I'm working on my 4th PHD in that school :lol:

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 4:38 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
I released a solo pop album called "Quartermoon" about two years ago which no one knew about. It took me a solid year to create it but it went nowhere. Oh well. I did release my first book to Amazon last week so I guess that's an accomplishment.
http://www.amazon.com/Wetland-and-Other ... B00E0NVTL2

Oh that's terrific! I love your writing, something you wrote last year about the boy with the animal friends, very cool story.

My best accomplishment I guess is being offered money for my artwork.

ClumsyNinja
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2013, 5:54 am

I think the hardest things I have done were getting my degree (at 30) and my black belt in taekwondo (at 33) as I had to present my thesis for my degree to a panel of lecturers and I had to perform my black belt test in front of a panel of judges. I have a huge phobia of public speaking and performance, and being around crowds and people I don't know so I was shaking horribly and very visibly throughout, I still have no idea how I managed either!

I have my own home and a teenage son and a decent job, so I suppose those are also achievements to be proud of. I think I am most proud of my son though and his achievements. He never ceases to amaze me and I'm really pleased with the young man he is turning into

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2013, 3:12 pm

^^^
wow :) :thumleft: :wtg: