Who visits wrongplanet.net? Interesting stats.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 12:59 pm

Looks like the majority of visitors to WP are females, with some college education, browsing from home or school, and probably from the UK.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 4:49 pm

That's very interesting! I have noticed that some members have commented on the fact that there seems to be a lot of female members on this website, so in a way that didn't really surprise me. I am surprised that there are more people from India than Canada though, and that there are more people from the US than the UK (I was always under the impression that most of our members were British).

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

26 Jul 2013, 4:56 pm

I guess, as a male, I am a minority on this site, am I?

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 5:02 pm

I hit three out of four. I was surprised at how high India's ranking was, also.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 5:50 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
That's very interesting! I have noticed that some members have commented on the fact that there seems to be a lot of female members on this website, so in a way that didn't really surprise me. I am surprised that there are more people from India than Canada though, and that there are more people from the US than the UK (I was always under the impression that most of our members were British).

Not so surprising, if you look at the rankings. WP is ranked 34,825 in Canada and 56,894 in India. So it's quite a bit more popular in Canada. Canada is a very small country compared to India.

Same with the US and UK. WP is ranked way up at 8,699 in the UK and 19,703 in the US. This doesn't surprise me much either. Autism awareness is clearly much greater in the UK.

I also agree that there are more female members on WP. My personal take is that contrary to popular belief there are more females with AS then males.

Also not surprised by the education numbers. There seems to be a lot of college dropouts here. No surprise location numbers either. There are a lot of people here who are not working. So it is no surprise that people are not accessing the site from work.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

26 Jul 2013, 5:58 pm

Max000 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

Not so surprising, if you look at the rankings. WP is ranked 34,825 in Canada and 56,894 in India. So it's quite a bit more popular in Canada. Canada is a very small country compared to India.

Same with the US and UK. WP is ranked way up at 8,699 in the UK and 19,703 in the US. This doesn't surprise me much either. Autism awareness is clearly much greater in the UK.

I also agree that there are more female members on WP. My personal take is that contrary to popular belief there are more females with AS then males.

Also not surprised by the education numbers. There seems to be a lot of college dropouts here. No surprise location numbers either. There are a lot of people here who are not working. So it is no surprise that people are not accessing the site from work.

I'm a college graduate, so does that make me a minority?

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 6:40 pm

equestriatola wrote:
I guess, as a male, I am a minority on this site, am I?

I think we are a minority here.

Last edited by Max000 on 26 Jul 2013, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 6:44 pm

equestriatola wrote:
Max000 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:

I'm a college graduate, so does that make me a minority?

I'm not sure. But it looks like people with some college are over represented here, and everyone else is underrepresented.