Do you ever feel bad about not being a "genius"?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jasper1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Jul 2013, 4:09 pm

In life I've found that there a lot more people out there who have genius IQ's than I would have thought. They are actually all over the map and are often in lives that are pretty regular. They don't seem to do anything particularly genius, but they do come across as obviously being more intelligent than most people.

JBO
Raven
Raven

26 Jul 2013, 7:36 pm

I was thinking about this in the car earlier today. I've always kind of had the delusion that I was special / a genius / etc. As I was driving today I was thinking about how we're always doing research and working on extending life, trying to figure out immortality, etc. Then I realized that if it was possible to make people immortal or extend their life for an addition 100 years or something, I would not be chosen for this :(

Jasper1 wrote:
In life I've found that there a lot more people out there who have genius IQ's than I would have thought. They are actually all over the map and are often in lives that are pretty regular. They don't seem to do anything particularly genius, but they do come across as obviously being more intelligent than most people.

I saw a poster once that said, "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not - nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not - unrewarded genius is a proverb. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."