does it really have to make sense?

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

moisha
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2013, 1:30 am

I am looking for a date. We are all looking for partners - this is the love and dating section of our planet.

Formulas techniques and practise don't always pan out the way we want. One reason for this is that people do not necessarily have to make sense, or follow the "rule" or "norm" of logical "thumb".

lasirena
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jul 2013, 1:32 am

moisha wrote:
X has the hots for Y, but Y has the hots for P. A eventually screws Y, 'cause she pines for P and A couldn't get of with M. In the meantime, X b*****s on WP, whilst sitting at home, wanking off to his perfectly imagined Y, while Q badly wants him in her pants.

WTF, hey?

No, What The XYPAMWP, and Q

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 1:43 am

this reminds me of Sartre's hell of the man who wants a woman who wants not him but another woman, who wants not her, but the man that doesn't want her. the moral of the OP's story is that humans make this world a hell of loneliness when they could just as easily make it a heaven of companionship.

moisha
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2013, 1:21 am

auntblabby wrote:
this reminds me of Sartre's hell of the man who wants a woman who wants not him but another woman, who wants not her, but the man that doesn't want her. the moral of the OP's story is that humans make this world a hell of loneliness when they could just as easily make it a heaven of companionship.

Auntblabby, you brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful sentiment.

And, of course, I wouldn't be properly me if I didn't add that I would also like to get laid to boot.

But yeah in essence - you go Auntblabby.
Pst: are you seeing anyone...
Like a clairvoyant or druid?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 1:32 am

^^^
yes Moisha, some nice lady [who happens to have some psychic talent] on wrong planet swept me off my feet [after I had decided to hang it up], but only after I had to remain in the emotional wilderness for FIVE effing decades! if this had not happened, I was ready to take a long walk off a short pier.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 2:38 am

auntblabby wrote:
humans make this world a hell of loneliness when they could just as easily make it a heaven of companionship.

That would only be true if people could choose what to want, but they cannot. I cannot choose to find someone attractive. (You can, of course, pretend or "act as if", but that would hardly be a "heaven".)

moisha
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2013, 5:06 am

FMX wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
humans make this world a hell of loneliness when they could just as easily make it a heaven of companionship.

That would only be true if people could choose what to want, but they cannot. I cannot choose to find someone attractive. (You can, of course, pretend or "act as if", but that would hardly be a "heaven".)
you don't choose to wear what you have on?

moisha
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2013, 5:08 am

FMX wrote:
auntblabby wrote: