Long or short hair? (Or somewhere in-between?)

Page 5 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 8:35 am

auntblabby wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:
My hair is messy but because I like it this way (I don't brush and mess with it on purpose), if I brush it, it keep properly for a lot of time. I have straight thick hair.

i get the impression you have hair that is not only thick, but that each strand of hair is thick as well.

yes, it is like that!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2019, 9:08 am

ltcvnzl wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:
My hair is messy but because I like it this way (I don't brush and mess with it on purpose), if I brush it, it keep properly for a lot of time. I have straight thick hair.

i get the impression you have hair that is not only thick, but that each strand of hair is thick as well.

yes, it is like that!

you are fortunate and young. when i was your age i had thick hair also.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2019, 9:07 pm

I have long hair.
Besides preferring it, I also hate getting my haircut... so good thing I like having long hair. :P

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

03 Sep 2019, 6:43 am

Long. As I am a young(ish) man in the bible belt, it draws negative reactions from some conservative white men, even to the point of ridicule or being refused service, when I wear it down. When I was much younger, I used to wonder what it was like to live during the 1960's.... Good thing that long hair don't care.

“Politics is the art of controlling your environment.”
― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

itz_personal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jun 2020, 6:10 pm

Short. I assume it's my AS, but I like my hair really tidy. Given my age, it's not a question of vanity, nor am I particularly fashion conscious, but I dislike my hair to go much beyond 10 days without a cut. So, lockdown in the UK's been tricky, and I've had to watch several lockdown videos to learn how to do it for myself. I had my fourth home haircut today. I still think the first was the best - it took me nearly two hours. All that looking in three mirrors to check the back was tricky :?. I was tired afterwards. A barber can do it in about 20 mins! :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 7:17 pm

itz_personal wrote:
Short. I assume it's my AS, but I like my hair really tidy. Given my age, it's not a question of vanity, nor am I particularly fashion conscious, but I dislike my hair to go much beyond 10 days without a cut. So, lockdown in the UK's been tricky, and I've had to watch several lockdown videos to learn how to do it for myself. I had my fourth home haircut today. I still think the first was the best - it took me nearly two hours. All that looking in three mirrors to check the back was tricky :?. I was tired afterwards. A barber can do it in about 20 mins! :)

when i was in the army, the barber got the job done in 20 seconds! sheared me like a rancher shears sheep did he. :|

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2020, 11:02 pm

My hair is long solely because I hate getting my hair cut. I want it shorter, but can't deal with how awkward even getting it trimmed is.

Basil342

19 Jun 2020, 4:38 pm

I had very short hair growing up. Long hair for 16 years. Short for a bit. Now it's a mix.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 7:01 pm

My hair is medium-length. I keep it this way so that it's easy to manage and doesn't need to be cut as often.

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 8:49 am

Short.

Levermonkey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Nov 2021, 11:08 am

Shaved head with collarbone length beard.

I've had a beard since I have been able to grow a full one. Hated the sensation of scraping a sliver of steel over my face, and electric shavers were worse. Yet, I have no problems with wet shaving my head (slight unease shaving the throat but has to be endured - I'm not a Neckbeard!). Beard is also trimmed down sides and overall length.

Stroking, pulling, and combing the beard is also very pleasant.

I had this look before hipsters became fashionable so I'm going to look very dated when fashion changes.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2021, 4:01 pm

Not long enough.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 8:03 am

My hair is short because having long hair is a sin in my religion if you are a man.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2022, 8:51 am

still midway down my back but thinning at crown. i should shop around for a good wig.

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2022, 11:22 am

very long hair

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2022, 10:40 pm

the time long hair would have looked really good on me was when i was young and my folks made me wear a 1960s-style pigshave. :nerdy: