Single aspie female seeks male.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Sharkgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2013, 7:49 pm

I am 38 yrs so looking for someone similar aged.
I am living in Sydney Australia.
Have not dated in years have no clue how to go about it.
Please respond with advice or interest.

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2013, 8:39 pm

I hope you have the best of luck. Unfortunately, I live 9,000 miles away, and don't seem to have much in common with you. But there are thousands of other aspies here on this site; some might be near you. Keep trying!

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2013, 12:05 am

Common? Both aspies, both over 20 (ancient by WP standards), both single. That's 3 things anyone here can build on. As a male I've had GFs, but never officially dated myself. I didn't ship with a "how to date" program myself.

OP there are a lot of variables; you mention you're living in Sydney, I can reasonably estimate you've nobody local that you feel compatible with. What are your requirements, are you seeking a similarly aged aspie male in Sydney or are you willing to meet people from other countries? There's a lot of Q-and-A to find out if you and the other person feel an attraction, then if there is chemistry there who travels to visit who?

Conventionally what one does on WP to find a partner is post a bio on the Eligible Odd-Bods list. I haven't posted mine yet but it will probably say "must love junk food, and quaint musical equipment"

Sharkgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2013, 12:48 am

Same country and city is a must for logistic reasons.
Pretty much open to going on a date with anyone that seems interesting to talk to.
PM me if u think we might try Internet talk first and see how it goes.
Similar age would be a good start. I have just posted on eligible odd bods and will need to see who else is on there.
My flatmate went on heaps of dates before finding someone to be with so I think I need to do that too. I have time on my hands now which i didn't have before so this is my new project.

Blackpanther
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2013, 1:20 am

HEY guys ..im new here..40.I have Autism..apparently 30 percent worse than others like me..I was never diagnosed at an early age ..my parents were kinda off ..I think my mom had it too..and my dad ..kept calling me stupid..my brother of 8 yrs senior hated me for some reason ..anyways I could go on and on

but back to the topic..Hi Sharkgirl..I just want everyone to know all facts and anything you need to know about dating people on the right planet...I have done some trial and error dating on many different kinds of sites..I know what works and what doesnt....the answers will shock you...having quick learning skills recently aquired through socializing with others. and a few tricks...I have adapted myself to becoming the ultmate Autistic man god... .. I was actually thinking of writing a book..no bull.

Right away I know what your thinking....so keep your a comments .polite.. this is no over night fix...it will take a great deal of effort ...time....learning to change.. it is not easy by no means.....but works..period...100 percent tested..ask me..I will help you.

Sharkgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2013, 2:47 am

Hey black panther welcome to WP. Yeah any advice u have would be great.

SheldonGC
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jul 2013, 6:41 am

Hey, Sharkgirl, one good thing you have working in your favor is that you live in a large city. There should be some Aspie groups in your area that meet in person, not just online, right?

That would be something worth checking out, since it would probably be easier to meet and get to know a fellow Aspie in a group like that.

Blackpanther
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jul 2013, 1:51 pm

Hey ..sharkgirl ..I just posted some valuable tips on dating it is the aspi autie dating bible..on thread named a absolute must to read..

aspies dating on okcupid .

glow
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 3:38 am

Dhp wrote:
I hope you have the best of luck. Unfortunately, I live 9,000 miles away, and don't seem to have much in common with you. But there are thousands of other aspies here on this site; some might be near you. Keep trying!

Yeah, quoting I hope someone lives they're to me, is not something I had in mind.. :roll:
on a much more lucrative point, I can oversee a lot more shipment in my catchment area that I also don't need right now, and you Russians cant play roulette the way I know how so there.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 3:43 am

glow wrote:
Dhp wrote:

Yeah, quoting I hope someone lives they're to me, is not something I had in mind.. :roll:
on a much more lucrative point, I can oversee a lot more shipment in my catchment area that I also don't need right now, and you Russians cant play roulette the way I know how so there.

*scratching head - puzzled*

Did Dhp say something wrong?

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 9:43 am

Blackpanther wrote:
Hey ..sharkgirl ..I just posted some valuable tips on dating it is the aspi autie dating bible..on thread named a absolute must to read..

aspies dating on okcupid .

^ that.

If you have a POF or OKcupid account you could also post a link to it when you make a post like this in the forums.

As a guy I would be hesitant to contact a local girl if she does not put at least a photo and some basic info. Just being honest.

turtleoverhare
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2013, 1:25 pm

im 21 probly too young no anyone my age? :) im in brissy