Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

albedo
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2013, 2:13 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I'm a consistent libertarian, open up the borders and let the market flow.

I applaud this. I'm not a fully fledged libertarian, but have a large amount of admiration for your position. 8)

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 2:24 pm

Dox47 wrote:
I'm a consistent libertarian, open up the borders and let the market flow.

Let the people flow, too? Ending migration restrictions would be the most consistent position.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 Aug 2013, 4:18 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:
I mean, for all of the talk about how the economy works, do either of you people actually understand economic theory at all? Even just enough of the Austrian school to bluster around? Even smatterings of Milton Friedman? Anything?
Where did I say free trade is evil or that I'm against foreign trade?

Sounds like the answer is "No."

Sometimes when people quote posts they respond to the argument they want the other person to make instead of what is actually being posted. Perhaps 'awesomelyglorious' misinterpreted a few things I said particularly at the end, I thought about the response a little after he made it and thought that may of been the case. I'm not sure but I'm not going to defend arguments that I wasn't making in the first place especially when the person responds in the tone of a person that owns several fedoras.

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2013, 6:01 pm

Quote:
An early source of American libertarianism are the works of Lysander Spooner.

ruveyn
Lysander Spooner's opinions were not all that like those of modern day right-libertarians. http://www.spunk.org/texts/intro/faq/sp001547/secG7.html And in Europe, though it might likely confuse many Americans, the term libertarian typicly refers to the libertarian left, while liberalism would be commonly taken to mean classical liberals, or what Americans generally refer to as libertarians. But the very first person to describe himself politicly as being libertarian was the anarcho-communist Joseph Déjacque. So I feel that the left has more of a valid claim to it than does the right. And I, unlike most other libertarian marxists regard Lenin's "The State and Revolution" as being corelational to Communalism, which is a type of left-libertarian collectivism.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 6:08 pm

Jacoby wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Awesomelyglorious wrote:
I mean, for all of the talk about how the economy works, do either of you people actually understand economic theory at all? Even just enough of the Austrian school to bluster around? Even smatterings of Milton Friedman? Anything?
Where did I say free trade is evil or that I'm against foreign trade?

Sounds like the answer is "No."

Sometimes when people quote posts they respond to the argument they want the other person to make instead of what is actually being posted. Perhaps 'awesomelyglorious' misinterpreted a few things I said particularly at the end, I thought about the response a little after he made it and thought that may of been the case. I'm not sure but I'm not going to defend arguments that I wasn't making in the first place especially when the person responds in the tone of a person that owns several fedoras.

The answer still resembles a "No."