Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Yelaspider
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jul 2013, 8:53 am

I am a Lets Player on youtube and i was wondering if we had any fellow youtubers who do lets plays, walkthroughs or commentary over games like Call of Duty or Battlefield 3. My youtube channel name is Sasquatch 3K.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 9:59 am

I've been doing them for a while. I don't know exactly how long it's been. I decided I'd start a new channel because my other one had a lot of old unrelated videos uploaded that I didn't want to sort through. Unfortunately I don't seem to have had much success, but then I could probably see why. After watching a whole bunch of Retsupurae's videos on bad LPers, I know I could definitely be annoying to listen to. So I suppose that while working on my commentary, I'll also upload playthroughs without any commentary as well.

At the moment I'm doing a playthrough of MGS3 on normal:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P47OvooIPqg[/youtube]

Not as good so far as I'd have liked, but I usually play on the lower difficulties anyway. I think this may be the first time I ever got past the Fury on normal. Even then, I don't seem skilled enough to drain his stamina and get his camo rather than straight up killing him, unfortunately.

Other than that I've got:

-A near completed playthrough of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker(minus all the extra ops and other things outside the main story).
-A completed Sonic Generations playthrough.
-A completed Jet Set Radio LP.
-An LP of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which is glitched so that I'll be keeping the wooden sword throughout the entire game, and on top of that I'm going to lose my shield as soon as possible and make it a three heart run to add to the challenge.
-An LP of NieR. I think this may be my first time going through on normal. Going for all endings, not that that is too difficult though.
-An LP of No More Heroes. Don't recall if I chose easy or normal, I'll have to go back and look.
-An LP of Pokemon Crystal. Not sure if I'll continue with it. It just seems boring for me to commentate over and so it must be boring for others to listen to. I had this same problem with Earth Defense Force 2017 on my old channel. I think there are probably games I should really only do playthroughs of instead.
-Lastly I've got a playlist of me just playing some short games or demos or just games I fail at and don't play for very long that I want to show off regardless. In it so far I have videos on Metal Gear Rising, Cuddle Bear, Dream Divers 2, a friend and I failing at Halo Wars on legendary, and finally just some Xenoblade Chronicles gameplay.

I also have a playlist for glitches and tricks, though I haven't added much to it yet, as well as one for video game music I like, but mostly my channel is for playthroughs. I hope to do Killer is Dead when it comes out next month, but I don't know if I'll be able to afford it. That and I don't want to do it blind because I don't want to make a fool of myself, so it may wait until I at least beat it once, too.

My girlfriend has been doing some, but she's been busy lately so I don't think she's had time to upload much. I hope she does because she's playing y favoritest game ever:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDM87zRktRw[/youtube]

I don't know if she's all that entertaining, and of course I have a bias, but I'd feel bad if I didn't advertise for her. :P She certainly seems better than me at finding interesting stuff to talk about. Of course I think it's probably easier to be funny when you've got more people talking with you, which is why people like Game Grumps work so well.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...