Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

savvyidentity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2013, 2:52 am

skibum wrote:
That is peculiar! :)

I was going to put the whole dream but it would disturb some (sensory things I guess) lol.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 8:07 am

Last year, when I went on my first cruise ever (on Carnival), I was having recurring nightmares for about two months before the sailing date. There were always set on what was supposed to be a cruise ship, but at times, the vessel looked nothing like a cruise ship.

One scenario was set entirely indoors at night. I "knew" that I was on a ship, but the location looked a lot like a perverse version of an office building where I work. The bulkheads (walls) were all made of dreary-looking light brown brick, windows were cracked or scratched up, and there was pitch darkness outside. I was running around in panic, trying to find some room (forgot which one exactly), unsuccessfully. I'd see other people, but I wasn't sure if they were crew members or other passengers. I'd ask them how to get to [room I was looking for], but they'd react to me like I was a piece of furniture.

Another scenario was set on what clearly looked like a Carnival ship. But instead of having the wacky decor and that Carnival is known for, the ship looked like a derelict oil rig. The decks had warped wood. The corridors were dark and creepy, and completely stripped of any directional indicators (i.e. forward/aft/port/starboard). Everything looks damaged or vandalized. The door to my cabin was narrower than my body. I got through it (hey, dreams don't always follow the laws of physics); there was nothing except a prison bed, and the porthole was boarded up. There were no people in this dream.

Once I got on the real ship, I ended up having the time of my life, and booked another cruise this year. No nightmares this year, except one or two that were more confusing than scary.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 8:43 am

Like many people I get the "flunking out of school nightmare", and my own varient - the "I'm a teen and a new driver and I just clipped a fender of a parked car in the shopping center parking lot while driving Dad's car and OMG - my Dad is going to find out!" nightmare (even though my Dad's been dead, and Ive been out of school for decades).

In my experience these 'mundane anxiety nightmares" are usually caused by not having enough blankets on my bed. Your body is cold- so your mind generates a story to explain why your body is tensed up from the cold. So it creates a story about anxiety- which also tenses up your body.

Having to go to the bathroom might generate the same sort of dream.

With this bathroom dream - maybe sometiems you really do have to go to the bathroom, and maybe other times its that you dont have enough blankets on.

But it it interesting thay your mind goes to underwear, and not to the usual flunking out of school stuff. So there might be some idiosyncratic symbolism going on as well.

Forkliftoperator
Raven
Raven

30 Jul 2013, 9:50 pm

For me, my weird dreams are caused by having coffee too late in the afternoon or evening. At work it is difficult to stop drinking coffee in the afternoon especially when I am sitting down to enter waybill numbers and POs into the manifest.

Forkliftoperator
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2013, 10:05 pm

Had another weird dream. This one starts out with an invite to go to my high school reunion. During that time, my head boss was planning to send me and one of the shipper receivers from Calgary to go train some new shipper receivers in our Northern Alberta branch. He learns I have a high school reunion and was going to delay the "training mission". I beg him to let me skip the reunion and let me use the training mission as an excuse to get out of going to the reunion. I disclose to him that I was bullied a lot and he is sympathetic. He agrees to have me go do the training mission but since my hometown is on the way he says go to the reunion, but you can bring the other shipper for "protection" and can bring a company truck. The other shipper is my friend and knows the whole bullying situation. We agree to show up at the reunion in full work uniform ( shirts, pants, and boots) and will show up with the company truck and will pay us overtime for the duration we spend at the reunion We will spend most of it outside smoking and sitting on the tailgate of the truck as a show of solidarity and contempt against those who bullied me. We do just that and have an engine overhaul kit strapped down in the box which we are to bring with us and use it as an excuse to my old teachers to spend most of the time outside since it is a 40 000.00 dollar over.kit The classmates show up in dresses and all, and me and my friend stick out in our work clothes and company truck. The bullies leave us alone especially when my friend gives them nasty looks. We leave and head for our training mission with pride and waltz away from the reunion with a look of smugness on our faces. The classmates look like they have just been kicked a few notches down.At the end, the head boss asks how it went and we tell him. He answers that I should not let those bullies get me down and that they did deserve to be kicked down. He then says he wishes he could have went so he could give them $hit for being a holes to me in high school.