Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 12:59 pm

Sometimes I have these really weird dreams. I think one of my weirdest ones is this recurring dream that I have sometimes where I dream that I have to go to the bathroom and that my underwear is too tight in the leg holes and I can't get it down. I have no idea why I get that dream. It's not even like I have to go to the bathroom every time I dream that. I have learned that every single time you have an "I need to pee dream" you better get up just in case you really need to! But sometimes I just have this dream and it is odd.

Anyone else have this dream or other strange ones?

LoverOfDragons
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2013, 4:09 pm

Occasionally, I will dream of weird situations (the last one involved me being in school) and some of those dreams will randomly involve me losing my teeth, which I am very scared of. Why? Because all my teeth are adult teeth and I had gone through quite a bit of suffering to get them as perfect as they are now (white, thanks to my mom's restriction of drinking coffee; and straight). And people don't grow new teeth once their adult ones fall out, and I don't want any false teeth. In some of those dreams I get, I lose them, and sometimes I end up losing more teeth than I really have, it was like I was a shark, because...you know, sharks have LOADS of teeth! Anyway, the last dream I had that involved that was I lost my upper left molar because it had a big gap between it and the tooth that comes second to last before it. I don't have to worry about that now since I have filling for that tooth and my retainer has been adjusted.
But seriously, I would be crying in my dream every time I realize that I lost a tooth. And like I said, sometimes I'll end up spitting out loads of teeth out of my mouth at once like I were a shark. Although I haven't had a dream like that lately, it still scares me.

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 4:28 pm

Many people have weird dreams.

Mine: My classmates having tea with Hitler and a Meganium at Hogwarts.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 4:32 pm

Underwear
To dream that you are in your underwear signifies a situation that has created a loss of respect for you. Alternatively, it symbolizes some aspect of yourself that is private. If you feel ashamed of being seen in your underwear, then it indicates your hesitance in revealing your true feelings, attitudes, and other hidden habits/ideas. If you are not bothered by being in your underwear, then it suggests that you are ready to reveal or expose something that was previously hidden. To dream that you are not wearing any underwear signifies fear that your secrets will be revealed.
Urination
To see urine in your dream represents the feelings you have rejected. To dream that you are urinating symbolizes a cleansing and a release of negative or repressed emotions. Depending on your dream context, urination is symbolic of having or lacking basic control of your life. You are literally "pissed off" and not expressing yourself in a positive or constructive manner.
To dream of thwarted urination [IOW trouble removing underwear] indicates repressed anger.

To dream that you your teeth has fallen out and you try to refit them back into the mouth signifies a lack of self-confidence and embarrassment. You are afraid that others will know of your short-comings.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 4:34 pm

I dreamt I was in a house I used to live in and there was like a torrential storm plus a tsunami. Water was everywhere shifting the house for a bit. Very vivid sense of water coming in the windows dumping on me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 4:43 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:
I dreamt I was in a house I used to live in and there was like a torrential storm plus a tsunami. Water was everywhere shifting the house for a bit. Very vivid sense of water coming in the windows dumping on me.

Water
To see water in your dream symbolizes your subconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment. To dream that water is rising up in your house suggests that you are becoming overwhelmed by your emotions. To hear running water in your dream denotes meditation and reflection. You are reflecting on your thoughts and emotions.
Tsunami
To see a tsunami in your dream means that you are being overwhelmed by some repressed feeling or subconscious material that is rising up to the surface. You are experiencing some unhappiness and emotional instability in a waking situation. To see a storm in your dream signifies some overwhelming struggle, shock, loss or catastrophe in your waking life. The storm also represents unexpressed fears or emotions, such as anger, rage, turmoil, etc. On a more positive note, the storm symbolizes your rising spirituality. It may signal rapid changes ahead for you. To dream of flood waters entering your house through the windows indicates feelings of vulnerability. To dream that water is rising up in your house suggests that you are becoming overwhelmed by your emotions. To dream that you take cover in a storm foretells that whatever disturbance or problems is occurring in your life will quickly blow over. Consider also the phrase "weather the storm", which refers to your ability and strength to withstand whatever comes.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 8:23 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Underwear
To dream that you are in your underwear signifies a situation that has created a loss of respect for you. Alternatively, it symbolizes some aspect of yourself that is private. If you feel ashamed of being seen in your underwear, then it indicates your hesitance in revealing your true feelings, attitudes, and other hidden habits/ideas. If you are not bothered by being in your underwear, then it suggests that you are ready to reveal or expose something that was previously hidden. To dream that you are not wearing any underwear signifies fear that your secrets will be revealed.
Urination
To see urine in your dream represents the feelings you have rejected. To dream that you are urinating symbolizes a cleansing and a release of negative or repressed emotions. Depending on your dream context, urination is symbolic of having or lacking basic control of your life. You are literally "pissed off" and not expressing yourself in a positive or constructive manner.
To dream of thwarted urination [IOW trouble removing underwear] indicates repressed anger.

To dream that you your teeth has fallen out and you try to refit them back into the mouth signifies a lack of self-confidence and embarrassment. You are afraid that others will know of your short-comings.
Wow,That's fascinating!

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 10:05 pm

Okay. How about dreams involving the Moon?

I occasionally have a crazy vivid dream that the Moon has come down so close that it fills almost the whole sky. It's literally just miles from touching the Earth. Yet, somehow it can hang there in the sky without crashing.

Sometimes the air feels electrified and there are bolts of lightning shooting between the Moon and Earth's surface. I imagine it's from an electrical charge difference but hell I don't know it's a dream after all.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 10:13 pm

Moon
To see the moon in your dream represents some hidden, mysterious aspect of yourself. It is often associated with the feminine mystique and intuition. Alternatively, the moon signifies your changing moods. To see the eclipse of the moon in your dream signifies that your feminine side is being overshadowed. Or it may mean that some hidden aspect of yourself is coming to the surface. A full moon signifies completion and wholeness, while a new moon symbolizes new beginnings. The moon looming large in the night sky would indicate that these issues are coming to a head.
Lightning
To see lightning in your dream signifies sudden awareness, insight, spiritual revelation, truth and purification. Alternatively, lightning implies a shocking turn of events. There are many forces governing your life that may be beyond your control and even destructive.

Forkliftoperator
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2013, 10:27 pm

I dreamt that I was at work in the shop discussing a warranty parts shipment and a young shop hand is parking a heavy duty boom truck in the bay near me and the shop foreman. The kid is unable to stop the truck and the crane is accidentally released, causing it to swing and hook me. The shop foreman has a look of terror on his face and so does my assistant parts manager when he comes to see what all the commotion is. There is blood all over the shop floor and some splattered on the walls. i am awake but crying in pain. the back area by my shoulder blade is torn open. In this dream I am rushed to the hospital and wake up in the hospital to find the parts director holding my hand. As I come to, he hugs me and so does his wife. She has tears in her eyes too. They offer to let me stay in their home with them while I do modified duties at the main branch.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 10:38 pm

that dream seems a warning shot. maybe pay it some heed?

Forkliftoperator
Raven
Raven

28 Jul 2013, 10:49 pm

auntblabby wrote:
that dream seems a warning shot. maybe pay it some heed?

I certainly will. We have a safety audit coming up soon and we also do periodic safety inspections.

The flip side to that dream though is that I survive and the parts director is very supportive and accommodating. The last bit says it all.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2013, 10:50 pm

you are fortunate to work in a supportive environment. where I worked was like scorpions in a bottle.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 9:02 am

I also have plane crash dreams. I have had those a lot. I have been on planes all my life ever since I was born and I am not afraid of them. In fact I have lots of friends who are pilots and I started learning to fly as well and I love flying. I'll hop into a cessna cockpit every chance I get. But I don't know why I get those dreams every now and then. No one dies in them as far as I know though. But they can be pretty bad crashes and always commercial planes. Those dreams are scary.

I have also had dreams of gang violence like gang members running around in abandoned houses shooting each other. Somehow in the dream I always happen to end up in the middle of the activity accidentally and am caught in it and can't get out. One time in a dream I was in a car with my mum and we took a wrong turn and ended up in the middle of a gang war. There were police there too. But usually it's just me alone and somehow I find myself in this abandoned house with all these people shooting at each other. I have never belonged to a gang and I don't know anyone who does. But sometimes those dreams are scary too.

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jul 2013, 10:52 am

LoverOfDragons wrote:
...some of those dreams will randomly involve me losing my teeth.

I have recurrent dreams of my teeth falling out, and yes they're horrible. I'll feel something in my mouth and then spit it out and it'll turn out to be a tooth and then shortly after that all my other teeth will fall out.

What I haven't had for a while is a lucid dream. When I was younger I used to have lucid dream quite often and I'd fly around which feels amazing in dreams. A few nights ago I was on the verge of lucid dreaming, I'd just realised how illogical the situation I was in was and I tried to remember how I got into the room and I had no prior memory, I was just about to think 'hey I'm in a dream', but then I woke up -_-

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2013, 11:48 am

I keep having dreams about bells. I've always had a phobia of bells (the electric ones, not church bells), and I keep having dreams of being somewhere where they use bells and I have to spend my whole time avoiding them, like I did at school. Like sometimes I dream of having bells at work.

Also lately I've been having outbursts in my dreams, like screaming, shouting, crying and ranting. It's usually about something that upsets me in real life. But unlike in real life, everyone is calm in my dreams when I'm having an outburst. They don't get upset, they just sit there gazing at me and nobody gets upset.

I often have dreams of carrying my cat but finding I have walked too far and being lost and far away from home, still carrying my cat, then worrying that she might leap out of my arms and I won't be able to get her and she'd be lost forever. Then I wake up and find she's asleep on my bed. :)