Is anyone else besides me gonna feel lonely on Feb 14th?

Page 1 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Darc-Star
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jan 2007, 12:22 pm

Hello everyone.

I've recently returned to this site, and I'm tryin to get back into my aspie side. With Valentines day comin up, I've been gettin depressed lately because I Know I'm gonna feel lonely on february 14. Now I know the general feedback I'd get for posting this is "WELL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!" But everyone I talk seems to understand little about A.S and what it does to a mans love life(I'm aware that the results differ).

More to the point. I jus wanna know if anyone else out there is feelin the same thing I am. I've been feelin depressed about Valentiines day every year, so it isn't new to me. But I just want to know if anyone else out there shares the same affinity for love and continuosly gets "rejected" for the most outrageous, or just plain stupid reasons. :|

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 12:34 pm

Valentines day isn’t really any more depressing then any other day, if anything I try to be stronger on this day.

This year could be different; I could get my first card from my Liz from York

I feel like dancing! Dancing! Mina!, mina, mina, mina, mainooo, I feel like dancing! dancing! do you really think I am gay! Feel like dancing dancing bla bla bla bla youooo hooo! Hooo!! !. .
:heart:

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 12:58 pm

Not really since i'm used to being unloved by everyone around me.

rincemeister
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jan 2007, 2:10 pm

Why do you get depressed around that date? because there is some rubbish that tv is pushing down our throats - you know, that on the 14th you need a partner or you are a loser.

why not just plan to do something by yourself that day. Go on holiday, go meet family, go to the cinema and watch a film

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 2:14 pm

nah. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Accept that you may never find the right person for you and it becomes a whole lot easier. Stop waiting for something that may never happen. I'd rather be alone forever than go from one useless relationship to another. I'll never envy other people for their see saw lifes, it's either 100% right or not at all.

GenericBrandUserName
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jan 2007, 2:27 pm

Nah. I'm actually indifferent about it. Yeah, I might make a smart-ass comment about the holiday itself from time to time, but for the most part, I don't care, really, and it has no effect on my emotional state. :)

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 2:35 pm

I think it's hard on alot of people. The media has painted this rose-colored picture of "perfect" love and how "wonderful" it is...then they spoonfeed it to us for a whole month leading up to Valentine's Day. You have to wonder how many people, going through a breakup or a death are pushed over the edge or into depression because of this junk every year.

Honestly...I wish they would do away with it...have a love your neighbor day or a friendship day instead.

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 2:58 pm

The corporations are only in the business of making money for themselves, I don't know why ANYBODY chooses to go along with their definition of the "perfect" love or "perfect" date.

As for being alone, ehh.... I've been alone, and I'm probably destined to be alone for a long, long time.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 3:03 pm

I have KBABZ. :) :heart:

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 3:06 pm

Starbuline wrote:

Go away! This is about people who are alone.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 3:11 pm

Atomika wrote:
Starbuline wrote:

Go away! This is about people who are alone.

Wow that was the third time you told me to 'go away' from a thread YOU DIDN'T MAKE. Maybe you'd get yourself a girl if you weren't an as*hole all the time. Go f**k yourself you bastard.

Apostledanub
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jan 2007, 3:47 pm

Oh no... another one with a bad temper...

Well, anyways, I'll get back on the topic.

Here, in Belgium, Valentine's day isn't that much of an 'important' day. I know I'll be alone this year, but Valentine's day will be the same as all of the other days of the year. It is all the same. Think, think, think...

So don't feel bad buddy.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 3:53 pm

Apostledanub wrote:

Ha. I can admit I got too angry, but I get this from him when I make an innocent post that has nothing to do with him.

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 3:54 pm

Starbuline wrote:
Apostledanub wrote:

Ha. I can admit I got too angry, but I get this from him when I make an innocent post that has nothing to do with him.

Blah Blah Blah your needs...

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 3:54 pm

lol, that's Atomikas way of getting attention. Some understanding please!

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 3:59 pm

Atomika-Please stop. Acting like an 11 year old boy won't get you anywhere.

Valentine's Day isn't really big in my city. The only reason I like it is because chocolate is on sale during it.