Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 9:07 am

Little Black Sheep, I love your little Black Sheep on your avatar.

KingdomofRats, Is that you in your avatar pic? Do you have a pet rooster?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 9:12 am

Where's yours?

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 9:30 am

babybird wrote:
Where's yours?
I will need to find one. It takes me time usually. The other forum I belong to my friend had to pick it for me. Perhaps you can help me and pick out a cute one for me. Even though my "name" is Skibum, I might like a cute animal or a pretty flower. I will try to have one soon. Yours is very sweet. Is that your pup?

FerrariFan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jul 2013, 10:26 am

Test to see if my avatar is here. Mine is my car.

FF

diablo77
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2013, 11:44 am

How do you all find images that are small enough to use? I want to personalize my avatar but all of the images I have are several times the maximum size.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 11:45 am

skibum wrote:
babybird wrote:
Where's yours?
I will need to find one. It takes me time usually. The other forum I belong to my friend had to pick it for me. Perhaps you can help me and pick out a cute one for me. Even though my "name" is Skibum, I might like a cute animal or a pretty flower. I will try to have one soon. Yours is very sweet. Is that your pup?

No it's not my pup. I don't like dogs.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

30 Jul 2013, 11:46 am

Mine's of the original US Whose Line is it Anyway? cast.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 11:48 am

I thought it was one of those where's Wally pictures^^

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 11:49 am

When I went looking for my avatar, I typed "Robin icon" in the Google images tab because I knew it had to be less than 128 x 128 pixels. A whole bunch of icon-sized Robins popped up, including pictures of the bird, Robin Williams, Robin Hood, Robin (Batman's sidekick), etc.

My avatar originally had no red in it but one of the WP posters did me a favor and colored the red in.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Jul 2013, 12:51 pm

diablo77 wrote:
How do you all find images that are small enough to use? I want to personalize my avatar but all of the images I have are several times the maximum size.

Just crop and shrink the image. This works.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 12:55 pm

FerrariFan wrote:
Test to see if my avatar is here. Mine is my car.

FF

Very cool car!!

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 12:56 pm

babybird wrote:
skibum wrote:
babybird wrote:
Where's yours?

No it's not my pup. I don't like dogs.
For someone who doesn't like dogs you sure picked a cute one!

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 1:02 pm

Kx250rider, what is that you are holding in your avatar pic?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Jul 2013, 3:19 pm

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion]

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 3:57 pm

skibum wrote:
Little Black Sheep, I love your little Black Sheep on your avatar.

KingdomofRats, Is that you in your avatar pic? Do you have a pet rooster?

hi skibum,
yeah,am at home there and cant wear padded helmets twenty four seven due to the heat so sometimes have it off but am usualy always found with several chickens on lap,am known as bird woman here. :lol: it woud have been cat woman like every where else have lived but we arent allowed cats in here and all the locals prefer beer and cannabis to cats.

the roo is a pure bred light sussex,two years old and called tito,named after tito mukhopadhyay;a famous profoundly autistic indian guy.
the hen he is sat with is one of his girlfriends called temple named after the obvious :P have incubated her,tito and a load of other chickens with support,although last month four chickens of mine which are both best friends and autism therapy animals were kidnapped after having their coops trashed,heres the national missing pet register certificate on him-
http://www.nationalpetregister.org/mp/50874.htm
have incubated eight of his babies [different mothers,hes one of those guys :P ] though which keeps his incredible chilled out behavior and premium genes going;as most people know cockerels are not usualy that tame but they dont usualy get brought up in the bedroom and mothered to bits,heres a photo of them with out the three youngest blue chicks-
http://sadpanda.us/images/1763418-MXWI4XR.jpg
and this was all of them yesterday,in their brooder- http://sadpanda.us/images/1763412-0DZT4AU.jpg

am hoping to start doing a project for autistic people at some point;it was delayed because of the chicken kidnapping, want to start a informal sort of animal therapy session for any autistics who perhaps have phobias of/issues with chickens, or some petting time for any autists who cant own pets for whatever reason,there is a charity called pets as therapy that do this but theyre very discriminative in who they will support, for example they say they will come into residential homes but when staff have rang up they have said oh-we mean old peoples homes, yeah because everyone who lives in residential homes are elderly folk eh?
they hear autism and learning disability they think we all sit there doing animal sacrifices over a church altar [well,something just as bad as that ] and say they cant risk allowing it on their insurance, they dont allow animals to go into individuals/homes in the community either and am hoping to perhaps give some locals at least a chance of some animal therapy.
waffle over and out.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 8:22 pm

Kingdomofrats, that is really magnificent. I am sorry about the kidnapping thing, that is horrible. Those are nice photos too. I like your teddy bear laying on the plastic box by the way! :) But I never knew chickens could be like that. I have only seen them in farms or running around in some country home's yards usually for eggs but not as pets or therapy birds. I love it. I think that is so cool. I would love to hear some of your fun chicken stories!

Last edited by skibum on 30 Jul 2013, 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.