Would you date a trans person?
Yes 79%  79%  [ 95 ]
No 21%  21%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 120

diablo77
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2013, 3:23 pm

Just curious as to how the numbers play out. Would you date someone who identified as the gender you are attracted to, but had been assigned another sex at birth, if they were someone you found attractive and compatible?

ParaSait
Raven
Raven

30 Jul 2013, 3:35 pm

I sure would, I don't see how it can be an issue to me in any way.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 3:36 pm

The answer here is 'no'. While I firmly believe that all humans are equal, and that trans persons deserve the same respect as everyone else, biologically altering one's gender is impossible. You can make a man look like a woman or a woman look like a man, but at the end of the day, the difference between a transwoman and a biological woman is fairly big.

loveturn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jul 2013, 3:52 pm

I don't know. I thought many times about this issue when I had a small time period where I constantly watched transgender documentaries. And in one of those documentaries there was a guy and I immediately thought "s**t, I would love to date that guy". But honestly - I find sex very important - and I wouldn't know if I'd be able to date someone without a penis. And if they've already changed gender, I don't know, I don't know how those penises work.

And yes that may be shallow, but I find sex very important.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 3:56 pm

I've been attracted to a transman before, but not yet to a transwoman (and I've met way more transwomen than transmen.) So definitely yes for a transman and yes if there was a transwoman I was attracted to.

nuttyengineer
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jul 2013, 4:23 pm

Considering I've recently come to realize that I am a trans man, I would be okay with dating a transgender.

Hillingar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jul 2013, 5:32 pm

yeah..I've been deeply in love with a transman :roll: (pre and post-op) but he refused me. Now I'm trying to forget him..

you hit a nerve. :oops:

DarkRain
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 6:21 pm

No, no, no, and NO! I've already had that experience with my ex-boyfriend, and I am not about to go through that again. I didn't appreciate him stealing my clothes and trying them on, and there is no way in hell I'm going to let the same thing happen again.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 6:30 pm

As long as they were post-op. I don't like other people's vaginas.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 10:47 pm

No (my head couldn't get over the fact that the individual was once a grown male).

But, that's not saying much, as I don't "date" (tried it; wasn't for me).

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2013, 10:48 pm

I would never knowingly date a trans-gendered person.

lxuser
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2013, 1:57 am

Yes, them being born with the wrong body doesn't bother me at all.

stardraigh
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 7:19 am

They would have to be someone I could stand. Not everyone is a nice person. I know cis-gender people who are douchebags, and transpeople who are douchebags. It all depends. As a mtf transexual, I hope someone will take an interest in me. I would never go out of my way to date someone just because. I don't do the wing-person to take a hit at a party so someone could score.

But to be really honest, I don't see myself dating anyone. The combo of my AS and being trans, just kind of kills it. I don't have a wide enough net in life to catch anyone. Those who I do anything with, are too young, or too old, and the very few who are my age, are already taken, or I have no attraction to. it's frustrating.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2013, 11:01 am

If I actually dated and had sex I would. I might have problems with a f2m if they got bottom half surgery and wanted to use it on me. I don't do penetration. I'd feel the same way about a cis gendered male.

lxuser
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2013, 3:37 pm

stardraigh wrote:
They would have to be someone I could stand. Not everyone is a nice person. I know cis-gender people who are douchebags, and transpeople who are douchebags. It all depends. As a mtf transexual, I hope someone will take an interest in me. I would never go out of my way to date someone just because. I don't do the wing-person to take a hit at a party so someone could score.

But to be really honest, I don't see myself dating anyone. The combo of my AS and being trans, just kind of kills it. I don't have a wide enough net in life to catch anyone. Those who I do anything with, are too young, or too old, and the very few who are my age, are already taken, or I have no attraction to. it's frustrating.
This also, apart from the the trans* part as I am cis-gendered.

Wivil

01 Aug 2013, 3:23 am

I probably sound silly but what is cis-gendered. I am kind of new to all of this so I don't know all the terms and stuff. Growing up the way I have and with my religion I don't exactly have exposure to the LGBT community.