Food regulators have a new target: energy drink advertising.

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 8:46 pm

Shau wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I could give you a helpful piece of advice on that but it wouldn't be very conservative of me so I won't.

As it were, you'd be a more unorthodox conservative NOT to. But I'll give you credit for that.

Next up, telling me I'm not allowed to smoke weed if I want to, even though alcohol causes leagues more damage even when rates are taken into account.

Yeah whatever. If u say so......
:roll: :roll:

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 11:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Anything that can be taxed will be taxed.

Ruveyn's Corollary to Murphy's Law, eh?

:wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdnI87xLVY[/youtube]

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 12:29 am

Shau wrote:
Next up, telling me I'm not allowed to smoke weed if I want to, even though alcohol causes leagues more damage even when rates are taken into account.

Raptor is actually becoming a more nuanced conservative, not that his persona would indicate this. I don't think he's actually much of a drug warrior, and if you were to honestly look at it, drug warriors are pretty evenly distributed between the Democratic and Republican parties. It's only the libertarians who are really consistent on big government, though we're making headway in highjacking elements of the Republican party as we speak.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 12:41 am

Raptor wrote:

Got the science to back it up! Aside from a lot of mixed results about correlations with schizophrenia, marijuana does far less damage, and many new studies are beginning to unveil certain tumor-fighting properties even.

Next up: Stuffing Christian values down my throat. Oh boy, the list goes on and on!

Dox47 wrote:
Raptor is actually becoming a more nuanced conservative, not that his persona would indicate this. I don't think he's actually much of a drug warrior, and if you were to honestly look at it, drug warriors are pretty evenly distributed between the Democratic and Republican parties. It's only the libertarians who are really consistent on big government, though we're making headway in highjacking elements of the Republican party as we speak.

Welcome to the Libertarian party, guys! :wtg:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 1:16 am

Dox47 wrote:
Shau wrote:

Nuanced conservative my ass. I don't remember supporting the "war on drugs". It's the biggest and longest legal train wreck this country has ever had. If I weren't subject by my employer to random drug testing I'd probably have a few plants growing for my own use.

Shau wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Got the science to back it up! Aside from a lot of mixed results about correlations with schizophrenia, marijuana does far less damage, and many new studies are beginning to unveil certain tumor-fighting properties even.

Next up: Stuffing Christian values down my throat. Oh boy, the list goes on and on!

You just don’t get it, do you?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 1:19 am

Shau wrote:
Welcome to the Libertarian party, guys! :wtg:

I've been a libertarian for years, it's just recently that my viewpoint has been gaining traction within the GOP, due to the dire straights they've found themselves in. Sorta like how my state decided to legalize marijuana after it ran out of money... Clearly, starving the beast can be effective.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 3:46 am

Raptor wrote:
If I weren't subject by my employer to random drug testing I'd probably have a few plants growing for my own use.

You and me both, brother.

Quote:

You're the most adorable libertarian in denial I've ever seen! :)

Dox47 wrote:
I've been a libertarian for years, it's just recently that my viewpoint has been gaining traction within the GOP, due to the dire straights they've found themselves in. Sorta like how my state decided to legalize marijuana after it ran out of money... Clearly, starving the beast can be effective.

Whatever works, man! So long as the left keeps it's mitts out of my coffers and the right keeps it's moral values out of my life, I'm a very happy man.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 1:55 pm

Shau wrote:
Raptor wrote:

You're the most adorable libertarian in denial I've ever seen! :)

I have too many conservative qualities to be a libertarian.
Dream on. :roll:

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 12:38 am

Raptor wrote:
I have too many conservative qualities to be a libertarian.
Dream on. :roll:

They're not mutually-exclusive, you know. There's a lot of overlap. It seems to me like you take all of the non-retarded parts of conservatism and discard them.