Food regulators have a new target: energy drink advertising.

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 12:19 pm

Because awake teenagers in traffic, are hardly as dangerous as drunken teenagers in traffic. XD

PM
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 12:58 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Easy solution: If you don't think energy drinks are good for YOU then don't use them.
But then, why is it ok to stop teens from getting alcoholic drinks, but it is not the same about energy drinks?

It's not OK. If anything, the legal drinking age in the US should be 16. The kids are going to drink anyway, even more so if you tell them they can't drink.

As for energy drinks, i'm not getting into a pointless stalemate argument.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 1:12 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Easy solution: If you don't think energy drinks are good for YOU then don't use them.
But then, why is it ok to stop teens from getting alcoholic drinks, but it is not the same about energy drinks?

Yeah, like an energy drink has the effect of alcohol.
Caffeine isn't regulated like alcohol so let's keep it that way.

Gotta love how the left continually screeches about freedom of choice but at the same time wants everything regulated.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 1:18 pm

PM wrote:
It's not OK.

I find it perfectly OK. Less Teens get alcoholism early and since they are teens and don't have money the black market is not a big deal.

Raptor wrote:
Gotta love how the left continually screeches about freedom of choice but at the same time wants everything regulated.

boo hoo.

It works both ways, why is it so important for these teens to take energy drinks but suddenly a woman getting an abortion is the worst of crimes?

Quote:
Because awake teenagers in traffic, are hardly as dangerous as drunken teenagers in traffic. XD
The initial high from caffeine is to feel more awake. But it is a temporary effect.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 1:28 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Raptor wrote:

boo hoo.

It works both ways, why is it so important for these teens to take energy drinks but suddenly a woman getting an abortion is the worst of crimes?

Now w're into abortion. :roll:
It's not important for anyone to use them, it's important not to regulate everything.
Here, take this wire clothes hanger and go have your abortion if it'll make you feel better. :P

Quote:
The initial high from caffeine is to feel more awake. But it is a temporary effect.

Actually, the effect of energy drinks lasts several hours.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 1:41 am

Raptor wrote:

Gotta love how the right continually screeches about leaving the government out of everything but at the same time wants to stick the government into everyone's personal lives.

Both you lefties and righties are full of delicious ironies.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 5:45 am

Shau wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Gotta love how the right continually screeches about leaving the government out of everything but at the same time wants to stick the government into everyone's personal lives.

The left v. right argument (in the US at least) is utterly laughable. Both want to intrude on the individual in some way.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 12:43 pm

Shau wrote:
Raptor wrote:

What part of people's personal lives do we want to stick government in to? I must have been missing out on something.

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 12:53 pm

Raptor wrote:
What part of people's personal lives do we want to stick government in to? I must have been missing out on something.

Why don't we start with gay marriage?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 12:56 pm

Shau wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Why don't we start with gay marriage?

Yes, you're right. I need to start protesting gay marriage so I can be a real conservative.
Thanks for reminding me.
:roll:

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 12:59 pm

Raptor wrote:
Yes, you're right. I need to start protesting gay marriage so I can be a real conservative.
Thanks for reminding me.

What you just said does nothing to dispel the fact that the Republican party by and large opposes gay marriage.

Next up: The assorted sodomy laws favored by righties telling me how evil I am for getting a blowjob or sticking it in her pooper.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 1:51 pm

Shau wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Thanks for reminding me.

What you just said does nothing to dispel the fact that the Republican party by and large opposes gay marriage.

Don't hold your breath waiting for the republican party to change it's stance on that. They may elect to turn a blind eye to it eventually but it's not going to be before you pass out from oxygen depletion.

Quote:
Next up: The assorted sodomy laws favored by righties telling me how evil I am for getting a blowjob or sticking it in her pooper.

I could give you a helpful piece of advice on that but it wouldn't be very conservative of me so I won't.

Last edited by Raptor on 02 Aug 2013, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 2:23 pm

Shau wrote:

A considerable majority of Americans do not approve of gay marriage (when you do an honest survey).

Political parties will respond to what the electorate values. Democrats have decided to be in favor of gay marriage. If the Republicans DIDN'T oppose it, all those people would go and back a fringe party. You'd be amazed how many Democrats oppose gay marriage but believe in other planks of the Democrat platform to not abandon the party.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 2:40 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
Shau wrote:

A considerable majority of Americans do not approve of gay marriage (when you do an honest survey).

And a considerable majority of Americans did not approve of Blacks serving alongside Whites in the army before President Truman issued Executive Order 9981.

... wolves and lambs, and all that...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 2:42 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Anything that can be taxed will be taxed.

Ruveyn's Corollary to Murphy's Law, eh?

:wink:

Shau
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 8:02 pm

Raptor wrote:
I could give you a helpful piece of advice on that but it wouldn't be very conservative of me so I won't.

As it were, you'd be a more unorthodox conservative NOT to. But I'll give you credit for that.

Next up, telling me I'm not allowed to smoke weed if I want to, even though alcohol causes leagues more damage even when rates are taken into account.