Page 1 of 11 [ 174 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 9:19 am

- You're against the free market and the globalization, but you're reading this on a MacBook

- You see yourself as the perfect feminist, but you still support Hamas

- You wear a Che Guevara t-shirt in a rally against Joseph Kony

- Economic sanctions against Israel would be great, economic sanctions against Zimbabwe, Belarus or Iran would not be

- You blame capitalism for food shortages in the third world, but you still had your SUV converted to run on biofuel

- Abortion at 7 months should be allowed, as anything less would mean that someone else tries to tell you what to do with your body. Assisted euthanasia should not be allowed, as terminally ill people should not be allowed to do what they want with their bodies

- You dislike both religion and religious people, but you still defend religiously motivated terrorism

- You're on wellfare checks, but you hate the government

- Being an upper-middle class spoiled brat and a radical who wants to "fight the power" sounds familiar

- Someone who holds a master's degree in law or science and has a hellish student loan should pay much more in taxes. You, on the other hand, who sweep the floor at KFC and never lifted a finger to get an education shouldn't have to pay taxes at all

- You refer to everyone else as a "conformist", yet you only like alternative culture when it's popular

- Holocaust denial and antisemitism is ok if you call it "antizionism"

- You believe in 9/11 conspiracy theories

- Everyone who disagrees with you is either a misgyonist, a religious zealot or a neocon

- The US is a dictatorship--Venezuela on the other hand is a flawless democracy

- You'll post in this thread and defend your left-wing views

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 9:32 am

This thread = "Those evil straw leftists, I hate them so much!"

Last edited by Vexcalibur on 01 Aug 2013, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 10:01 am

You know you're a left-winger if...

- You believe that anyone is selfish who will not let you decide for them how their money is to be spent.

- You refuse to get cable because Fox News is part of the package.

- You believe that your 13-year old daughter needs your permission to go on a school field trip, but not to get an abortion.

- You donated your car to a PBS station, but you can't spare a dime for the man holding a cardboard sign at the off ramp.

- If you do give money to that guy at the off ramp, you still "flip the bird" to every uniformed Boy Scout that you see.

- You think Al Sharpton is a human rights advocate.

- You believe that spanking a 5-year old child is a criminal offense; but that it is perfectly justifiable to bully and intimidate that same child for hours until he pees himself if he brings a toy cap gun to school.

- You fervently believe in requiring photo ID to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor or tobacco, or check out a library book and rent a video; but not to vote for who runs the government.

- You're a fan of the "Free Love" movement, yet you wonder why your third wife just filed for divorce.

- You believe that it is absolutely necessary that the NSA monitors all Americans to "insure their safety", but securing the Mexican border can be postponed indefinitely.

- When hooligans throw rocks at police, you call it civil disobedience; when Republicans protest a fixed election you call it a riot.

- You think that having more governmental control will solve all of your personal problems.

- You believe that "The Wealthy" are all out of touch with the "common people" and have no right to participate in national politics unless their last name happens to be Kennedy or Kerry, or they run as a Democrat.

- You think that fundamentalist churches are a great idea solely because they keep the fundies from your door on Sunday mornings.

- You believe that requiring photo ID for the sale of certain cough medicines is a good idea, while maintaining that the abortion-inducing drug "Plan B" should be available without a prescription to females of any age at the local drug store.

- You refuse to judge all Muslims by the murderous acts of a few crazy Jihadists, but the murderous acts of a few crazy Americans is enough for you to condemn all responsible gun owners.

- You believe that the life of an unborn child begins when the mother decides it does.

- You oppose the death penalty but think it’s okay to buy and sell tee-shirts that say "Wanted: George Zimmerman - Dead or Alive".

- You believe that Tea Party activists are domestic terrorists, but Jihadist suicide bombers are simply misunderstood victims of American oppression.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Aug 2013, 10:58 am

Kurgan wrote:
- Abortion at 7 months should be allowed, as anything less would mean that someone else tries to tell you what to do with your body. Assisted euthanasia should not be allowed, as terminally ill people should not be allowed to do what they want with their bodies

Aren't left-wingers usually in favour of euthanasia and right wingers are against it?

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 11:19 am

Kurgan wrote:
- You're against the free market and the globalization, but you're reading this on a MacBook

Nope, Apple is bad. Not supporting their country by giving jobs to south corea under such terrible conditions, that many of that workers commited suicide out of anxiety. For the prices they offer, they can as well produce in the USA and pay their worker fair loan.

Quote:
- You see yourself as the perfect feminist, but you still support Hamas
Palestinian Hamas? Ohm...supporting more rights for Palestinian =/ supporting terrorist Palestinian group Hamas. O_o Never would have heard of a european woman supporting Hamas.

Quote:
- You wear a Che Guevara t-shirt in a rally against Joseph Kony
Nope and who the f**k is Joseph Kony?

Quote:
- Economic sanctions against Israel would be great, economic sanctions against Zimbabwe, Belarus or Iran would not be
I am not supporting economic sanctions against Israel, but I am supporting that the wrong label, that products produced in palestinian areas, by radical israelis that live their against the contracts of their own country, are declared that way, so that I am able to know if a product is now from Israel or from some lunatic s**theads causing wars.

[/quote]- You blame capitalism for food shortages in the third world, but you still had your SUV converted to run on biofuel [/quote] My second hand Ford - dont know the brand, but a kind of Mini with 62 PS. ^^

Quote:
Nope, I think it should be no more then the 10.-12. week, hand in hand with a compromise that because of that short period, woman can do that very uncomplicated without lots of paperstuff.

Quote:
- You dislike both religion and religious people, but you still defend religiously motivated terrorism
I dont believe in a god, but I am still a member of the church and support it with taxes and volunteering fee, because I think when its about Caritas and youth organisation, they do a good job. Additional I agree with most of the believings of Jesus in new testament. I simply dont think he was a halfgod.

Quote:
- You're on wellfare checks, but you hate the government
We are responsible for the government, so hating the government, would mean hating us. And yes, the few times I had some months without job, I got checks. Thats what I pay lots of social taxes for. ^^

Quote:
- Being an upper-middle class spoiled brat and a radical who wants to "fight the power" sounds familiar
My dad was a public bus driver and 80% of our cloths came from street markets. Second hand bikes, second hand school stuff....

Quote:
- Someone who holds a master's degree in law or science and has a hellish student loan should pay much more in taxes. You, on the other hand, who sweep the floor at KFC and never lifted a finger to get an education shouldn't have to pay taxes at all
I sweeped the floor at McDonalds during my school and studying time and payed there without issuing as I do know as an engineer.

Quote:
- You refer to everyone else as a "conformist", yet you only like alternative culture when it's popular
If you could tell me, which alternative cultures are right now popular, I can answer you that question.

Quote:
- Holocaust denial and antisemitism is ok if you call it "antizionism"
My granduncle was in concentration-camp because opposing the Nazis.

Quote:
- You believe in 9/11 conspiracy theories
Not in the ones, that it wouldnt have happened or that the government would have done it themselves, but after they are even spying on german comedians doing NSA jokes, its simply hard to believe, that they really had no clue of anything coming? O_o

Quote:
- Everyone who disagrees with you is either a misgyonist, a religious zealot or a neocon
No, normal people disagree with me as well. Thats because we are all individuals with different oppinions.

Quote:
- The US is a dictatorship--Venezuela on the other hand is a flawless democracy
Dont know that much about Venezuela, but I think companies have now too much might in the USA, while US-people seem to have to less, because of companies simply suing them to hell, if they disobey. :(

Quote:
- You'll post in this thread and defend your left-wing views
Yeah...I was already waiting for an question that I could agree on in an thread about, what leftwingers should be, while I had to disagree so many question. I was already afraid to be a right-winger. :)

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 11:22 am

Fnord wrote:
You know you're a left-winger if...

- You believe that anyone is selfish who will not let you decide for them how their money is to be spent.

- You believe that your 13-year old daughter needs your permission to go on a school field trip, but not to get an abortion.

- You donated your car to a PBS station, but you can't spare a dime for the man holding a cardboard sign at the off ramp.

- If you do give money to that guy at the off ramp, you still "flip the bird" to every uniformed Boy Scout that you see.

- You think Al Sharpton is a human rights advocate.

- You believe that spanking a 5-year old child is a criminal offense; but that it is perfectly justifiable to bully and intimidate that same child for hours until he pees himself if he brings a toy cap gun to school.

- You fervently believe in requiring photo ID to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor or tobacco, or check out a library book and rent a video; but not to vote for who runs the government.

- You're a fan of the "Free Love" movement, yet you wonder why your third wife just filed for divorce.

- You believe that it is absolutely necessary that the NSA monitors all Americans to "insure their safety", but securing the Mexican border can be postponed indefinitely.

- When hooligans throw rocks at police, you call it civil disobedience; when Republicans protest a fixed election you call it a riot.

- You think that having more governmental control will solve all of your personal problems.

- You believe that "The Wealthy" are all out of touch with the "common people" and have no right to participate in national politics unless their last name happens to be Kennedy or Kerry, or they run as a Democrat.

- You think that fundamentalist churches are a great idea solely because they keep the fundies from your door on Sunday mornings.

- You believe that requiring photo ID for the sale of certain cough medicines is a good idea, while maintaining that the abortion-inducing drug "Plan B" should be available without a prescription to females of any age at the local drug store.

- You refuse to judge all Muslims by the murderous acts of a few crazy Jihadists, but the murderous acts of a few crazy Americans is enough for you to condemn all responsible gun owners.

- You believe that the life of an unborn child begins when the mother decides it does.

- You oppose the death penalty but think it’s okay to buy and sell tee-shirts that say "Wanted: George Zimmerman - Dead or Alive".

- You believe that Tea Party activists are domestic terrorists, but Jihadist suicide bombers are simply misunderstood victims of American oppression.

I like Kurgan's list better. It contains things that seem all too common to me. It's funny cause it's true. This just seems like a lame soviet russsia joke.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 11:25 am

Not that I should be talking. I couldn't come up with a better list.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 11:37 am

-You want to ban anything that has even the slightest possibility of having an adverse effect on the user (read: fun) because you want to "protect the children".

-You believe swatting a child on the bottom for misbehavior is child abuse, but keeping them drugged so you won't have actually be a parent is perfectly acceptable.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 11:46 am

I know I'm a left-winger. And now I know that Kurgan is an a**.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 11:49 am

I think many of your questions, dont apply on a global forum, because they seem to be explicite US rightwingers/leftwingers prejudices. So many things that your posts accuse to be part of leftwingers believe, is for parts here in europe more stuff of the rightwingers. As example the Ritalin use of drugs that is more accepted from rightwingers, because of them increasing school success, while the typical european leftwingers are mostly against it, because of it "Sacrificing the child to the will of capitalism and worgivers to make it most efficient for them". As well as you seem to suggest, that more people that have studied seem to be rightwingers, while here its mostly students the basement of leftwing and that do organizing of political stuff. As well as its mostly righwingers, that are into "more security and more police" to secure their wealth, while its mostly leftwingers protesting against the increasing spying and control of government.

Its not a blame, but I think it would be better, if you mentioned that you meant the US-area with your lists, for outsiders and europe many parts are simply not fitting. So leftwingers around here are hardly for stricter alcohol policy. XD

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 11:55 am

You know you're a left-winger if you are an attacking player in association football (soccer) who is stationed in a wide left position near the touch-lines.

Oh, and...

Now all we need is someone to make a "You know you're a right-winger if..." thread and we'll have a full-blown deja vu.

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 12:04 pm

Fnord wrote:

People still get cable? What is this? 2003?

Quote:
Giving money to the man holding the cardboard will ensure he stays poor. This is why conservatives love charity. It makes them feel less guilty, without being a relevant change to the status quo.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Aug 2013, 12:15 pm

All you did was to put together some characteristics you dislike and attack them. The problem is that your statements are so general that no single person is likely to agree with them. For instance, I am a far leftist, and I happen to disagree with the majority of what you wrote.

The best analogy I can think of, which might make sense to some people on the right, is to combine 50% of the ideas of Carl Rove or Dick Cheney with 50% of right libertarianism and to then call it "being a right winger." Inevitably, no one on the right will agree with more than half of the description.

Ultimately, you simply created a caricature of left positions based on right-wing media sources.

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Last edited by nominalist on 01 Aug 2013, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 12:16 pm

You believe that happiness and wellbeing can only come from the government running your life.

You believe that welfare should be not just a safety net but a hammock for life.

You believe it's okay for MSNBC to be biased but not Fox.

You abhor the death penalty except when it’s for a crime that makes YOU mad.

You believe that healthcare is a right and not a service.

If you believe that gun control is the answer to violent crime.

You believe the death penalty is murder but abortion is simply a common everyday woman’s choice

You love big government but despise its military.

You believe in freedom of speech and expression unless it’s something you don’t approve of.

You believe in racial equality yet take any opportunity to stir racial unrest.

You believe the government actually cares about YOU.

nominalist
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Aug 2013, 12:19 pm

Raptor wrote:
You believe

I have no idea who this ambiguous "you" happens to be. However, you made it obvious from your posting that you are a conspiracy theorist. (There is an evil bogeyman, and he is out to get you.)

Institute for Dialectical metaRealism: http://dmr.institute

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 12:33 pm

Well ... I have to admit that even my previous post is largely a cherry-picked strawman argument.

I'm waiting for a thread from the opposing camp to be started.

EDIT: Never mind.It's already been done here: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt49231.html